Snarky Brides

Anyone want to bitch about work?

I just had the weirdest thing happen.  I was in the news studio loading up my newscast, and we always write the times we air the stories in the upper corner, so we don't use them too many times (keeps the log fresh).  Anyway, our producer has three coffee cups in there full of pens and pencils.  I always have to grab like four or five pens before one will actually work.  So just now, I got annoyed, and I took all the pens that didn't work and I tossed them in the trash.  I let him see me do this.  And he asked me what I was doing?  I told them they didn't work so I was throwing them away.  And then he looked at me like I was an asshole.

Um really guy?  WHO HOARDS PENS THAT DON'T WORK.  Get a grip, weirdo.
panther

Re: Anyone want to bitch about work?

• Also, I now feel weird because I hadn't refreshed this page in a while before I started this thread.  So now there are other threads going on.  And I'm here alone.
    panther
  • I have no serious work issue but that is annoying AATB. Maybe he is a hoarder at home and this is the only stash he can build at work without being discovered? :-P

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Ha.  I'd love to bitch about work, but I can't in such a public forum.  But, let's say I'd like to violently throw away more than pens.
  • I will join you.

You are an asshole for throwing the pens away, because now he can never ever fulfill his dream of building a house of pens. Jerk. ;)

I am having a rough freaking year. I want somethign new, but that's not in the cards.
  • I will join in.  One of my bosses is the biggest tools I have ever met.  He literally has to make a comment on every single thing I do.  I hate him. 

We also had a new person start today.  He sits in the lobby area with me and he is so quiet that I forgot he was even here several times.  I keep letting it startle me. 

I wish I was a little busier.  I mean, I like being on TK and studying during the day, but I feel like I have no purpose. 

Lame things to whine about.
    imageVacation
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'll vague bitch. I love 90% of the people I work with. The small 10% that I don't like are really getting on my nerves lately and I have to scratch my head at their work related financial choices.
  • I swear to shiit, my phone never rings unless it's one minute before I go on the air.  WTF, PEOPLE.  WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO CALL A RADIO STATION AT THE TOP OR THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUR.

These are people I deal with all the damn time.  They should know better.
    panther
  • That guy is a weirdo.  There is no need to have 40 broken pens.

I don't have a job, can I complain about moving?  I filled out a form on a realty website the other day.  A form that says "are you interested in this renting this property?  Fill out this form to contact us so we can set up a viewing!"  I just got an email that told me, "hey dingus, don't fill out that form.  You need to contact the realtor directly to set up a meeting!"  Oh really?  Well fuckyou, because now I don't remember which house it was.
  • Ben just texted me that the new teller at his job smells like "wet dog."  For the love of God I hope he gets a callback for a second interview at that other place. 

Do you hear me, God?  It's me, AATB.
    panther
  • I wish that when people would take a file out of the file room, they'd put a fuckin' OUT card in its space so we know where the hell the file is instead of having to go on a damn easter egg hunt. I even put the cards closer to the files and make sure there's at least 2 working red pens, 2 working blue pens, 2 working black pens, a mechanical pencil, and a blue sharpie, a red sharpie and a black sharpie.  NO MORE EXCUSES.
  • The  biggest complaints I have would take too long to type. So let's just say the usual BS with some added personal insults thrown in.

• Or how about when the printer is out of paper, YOU FUCKING PUT A NEW REAM OF PAPER IN IT.
    panther
  • Can I complain about someone else's job?

I had an issue with my insurance company and no one would solve it, despite a bunch of calls. Finally, I found their business page on FB and wrote a recommendation, in which I said I wondered if they had trained monkeys working for them. Problem solved immediately.

So the other day, we were heading down to NC and planned on picking sandwiches up from the deli so we could just jump in the car and go.  We specifically checked the sign for hours, since they are different each day. I get there an hour before they're supposed to close and they're closed. H writes a really polite recommendation on their FB page and they respond with "That sign has been up for 20 years and it's hard to get down. We changed our hours." Ummm, not my mothereffing problem, asshat. Put a new sign up.
  • I don't know how to load the printer at work. That thing is so massive and has a hundred different drawers and trays. So I just slowly back away and pretend I didn't need to print something.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm having software issues, and really don't care.  So, instead I'm planning what to make for dessert (50 people) for SSon's RD.  If they ever block Pinterest here I'm going to cry.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • We were told last Wednesday that our performance appraisals (we fill them out ourselves) were due to our supervisors today.  Yeah, I'm still not done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-want-to-bitch-about-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:95a631f9-260e-4336-8366-c2b7360d9cfbPost:cb24f384-b429-4ab7-be33-8bf58ee1ef4c">Re: Anyone want to bitch about work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, how did Ben's interview go? Nates, what's wrong?  I was in a US Toy the other day and it made me want to be a teacher again. <strong> For about 2 seconds.  The moment passed.</strong> Work is boring today.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Lol.  It's just been the worst year ever. I'll be glad when it's over. I need to recharge with my super motivated summer kids.
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    There is someone in our office who uses one of those exercise balls as a chair.... Not that there is anything wrong with that... but I think she needs a new one because every day from somewhere in cubicle land I hear the "wheee whooo wheeee whooo wheee whooo" sound of her pumping it up with more air. The first time I heard it I thought someone was in labor and doing their breathing.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-want-to-bitch-about-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:95a631f9-260e-4336-8366-c2b7360d9cfbPost:cb24f384-b429-4ab7-be33-8bf58ee1ef4c">Re: Anyone want to bitch about work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, how did Ben's interview go? Nates, what's wrong?  I was in a US Toy the other day and it made me want to be a teacher again.  For about 2 seconds.  The moment passed. Work is boring today.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

He says it went well :) Just hoping the call back for another interview at this point.  *fingers crossed*
    panther
  • Oh what.  Another nodaker?  WHAT.
    panther
  • I also wish it wasn't freezing in my office every single day.  I have to keep a sweater here at all times and I'm still typically cold.
    imageVacation
  • I can't complain too much, I really like my new department.  I will say though that there's one guy who makes Sheldon look almost normal.   
  • I swear brandi, my offices has two temps: fucking freezing and blistering hot.  For real.  The thermostat in my office reads 81 degrees right now.
    panther
  • Oh good God.  I have  been corresponding with someone via email for the past 20 minutes trying to line up something and he asked me my phone number - even though it's in my email signature.

He just wrote me back asking for the area code.

Dude.  The entire state has one fucking area code.  SHITE.
    panther
  • I'm massively irritated with someone on the administrative side of our organization. I tried to contact him for months without a reply. Finally I emailed him and copied 4 of his higher ups as I was instructed to by our administrator. He got back to me in less than 5 minutes! 

He apparently needed some supporting documents, that I had sent him months before. So I sent it again a week ago and he confirmed receipt.

Today, I got a message that my request was denied because they didn't have the documentation. W.T.F. Emailed him this morning and still haven't heard back. He makes me want to punch walls. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-want-to-bitch-about-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:95a631f9-260e-4336-8366-c2b7360d9cfbPost:6c442b4e-b60f-4ac3-9bbb-db8acb33205b">Re: Anyone want to bitch about work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh what.  Another nodaker?  WHAT.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Yup. I was born that way. Moving far away in a few months though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-want-to-bitch-about-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:95a631f9-260e-4336-8366-c2b7360d9cfbPost:f5bf1bcd-3d0f-442f-b696-d0f1f5ee0f3c">Re: Anyone want to bitch about work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone want to bitch about work? : Yup. I was born that way. Moving far away in a few months though.
    Posted by Lambbop[/QUOTE]

Whereabouts you living now?  And where are you going?
    panther
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    Living in Fargo and moving to Virginia. Off to grad school!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-want-to-bitch-about-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:95a631f9-260e-4336-8366-c2b7360d9cfbPost:747f99ff-abca-44b7-934a-7ee5ae052e21">Anyone want to bitch about work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had the weirdest thing happen.  I was in the news studio loading up my newscast, and we always write the times we air the stories in the upper corner, so we don't use them too many times (keeps the log fresh).  Anyway, our producer has three coffee cups in there full of pens and pencils.  I always have to grab like four or five pens before one will actually work.  So just now, I got annoyed, and I took all the pens that didn't work and I tossed them in the trash.  I let him see me do this.  And he asked me what I was doing?  I told them they didn't work so I was throwing them away.  And then he looked at me like I was an asshole. Um really guy?  WHO HOARDS PENS THAT DON'T WORK.  Get a grip, weirdo.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I think you were right to dispose of them! I have people grab pens then say it doesnt work and just put it back... arg! I cant complain much other than I am bored!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fargo, eh?  Lol.  Virginia is cool though.  I've never been back east.  What are you studying?
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards