North Carolina

Winston-Salem (or even better, north of) hair/makeup?

Hi y'all! Getting married in Mt. Airy, NC in October and it's a terribly small little town about 45 minutes north of Winston-Salem, with basically one option for a salon and as far as I can tell, not a makeup artist to be found... ha! Anyone have any suggestions for someone from Winston-Salem that I can sweet talk into coming up to do my hair/makeup? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Winston-Salem (or even better, north of) hair/makeup?

• Sorry that I'm coming here without an answer for you, but if you do end up finding anyone I would be very interested! I'm getting married in Pilot Mountain and am also having a difficult time with this :-\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far I've found one gal with a $400 minimum (not including travel) based out of W-S ... her name is Jennifer Ericksen and she's got a great looking portfolio. Her prices are $150 for bridal hair/makeup, $125 for trial run, and $125 for party/guest hair and makeup. (Hair/makeup only is $50 or $75 depending on who it is.) You can Google her and find her portfolio/contact info if you'd like it. Myself, I think I may look for a slightly more affordable option... or just come to terms with the fact that I will be doing my own makeup and go splurge at Sephora in a few months, because I'm not finding much else. ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister is a fantastic hairdresser. She is at the Great Clips on University Pkwy in Winston Salem. You can always go to the salon and have your hair done. But, her boss doesn't smile upon her doing outside business, so I'll give you her e-mail so you can give her your details and maybe y'all can set up a trial time.  And she surely will not charge you $400!  So e-mail Brooke Rumley at  rrumley87 at live.com       I'll tell you to expect to hear from you.  :)
  • BTW, she will be doing my wedding hair, I'm fully confident in her ability!  :D
  • Hope that your wedding day went wonderfully! Wanted to add another suggestion to this thread to help other brides searching for hair/makeup stylists in the same area.

http://erinblakley.com

Erin's based out of a salon in Winston-Salem, but also travels to do on location hair/makeup too.  She lives on the northern side of W-S, so it'd be a fairly quick trip to Mt. Airy for her.  Her email/phone are on the website along with list of services/cost to give you an idea of pricing.  I hired her for my wedding in Raleigh and everything turned out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards