Hawaii

Are you buying each other wedding day gifts?

Re: Are you buying each other wedding day gifts?

• kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are.  So far I got him a vintage Hawaiian tie made of Tapa cloth and plan on also getting him vintage Hawaii related cufflinks.  Going to have some pin-up photos done of me for him, too.
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] Going to have some pin-up photos done of me for him, too.
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]
    HOT!  Love it.  We haven't even begun to discuss the topic of gifts yet...
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the photo idea. I am getting mine FH a watch that he has been coveting for almost a year! Plus he is a total sucker for colored handkerchiefs so I am getting a few from Thomas Pink that he loves. 

BTW...just left the jewelry store (we have been making changes to our rings) they are officially ordered and being made for us. So excited can't wait to see them.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  I did boudoir pics for my FI (if anyone is interested in seeing a few, I can make a page on my bio - let me know), and I am going to get him cufflinks - one will be the coordinates of our home and one will be the coordinates of our wedding site.  I got my b-pics Mixbook on Thursday and I love it!  The quality is great, and I think my FI will love it too! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, great question!!

It's totally an American tradition, so I've had to convince FI that we're doing it. 

Since our wedding is smack in between his 30th b'day and x'mas (and a bachelor party in Vegas), I'm getting Glenn gold "dice" cufflinks.  He'll love them! :)

And, since I've been dieting and working out like crazy (lost 6 lbs this week...amazing what not eating a pizza a week can do?!), I've asked for him to give me a tin of those christmas Danish cookies.  I've even said if the whole tin is an issue, just put some cookies in a ziplock.  He's been laughing it off.  So, finally, I told him it's the cookies or more diamonds.  I think I'll be getting the cookies :)
  • edited December 2011
    LMAO Brittana! That's hilarious.

Jen - hells yes to the pics! I fell off the in-shape bandwagon after the wedding, but now that we're going back to Maui this summer, we're going to do an anniversary shoot... and I'd really like some hot ideas!

Kimmy - I love the idea of the a pin-up shoot. Very cool.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't, and with so much going on, I was glad that we didn't b/c I didn't need another detail to remember.  I also couldn't come up with a very convincing argument for it when we were already treating ourselves to some really nice dinners and fun but spendy activities on our HM.
  • edited December 2011
    we wanted to (I wanted a pearl ring and he wanted a watch) but ended up wanting to not spend the money! So we just exchanged cards instead right before the wedding, which was really heartfelt and perfect for us!
  • edited December 2011
    We bought a digital SLR a couple months before the wedding and said it would be our gift to each other.  A few weeks before the wedding, however, I got the idea to do personalized Air Jordans.  I couldn't resist, so hubby got a bonus gift -- Jordans personalized with his initials and our wedding date :)  

• edited December 2011
    The shoes are really cool... didn't someone do personalized Nike shoes for their wedding party like that. In the wedding colours rather than the date.
  • edited December 2011

I got my fiance an engagement gift of custom made cologne.  I'm not sure what to get him as a wedding gift.  He's a golfer so I thought of golf balls with our wedding date on them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I'll add some pics to my bio Kaesha, they'll be up shortly! 
    edited December 2011
    Okay, there are a few pics up there now under 'gifts'.  I am going to delete a few of them after they are up a few hours just cause you never know who may stumble upon my Weebly bio! 
  • JburggrafJburggraf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my hubby a really nice watch and when we got to Hawaii he bought me a really beautiful Plumeria necklace from Na' Hoku. 
  • edited December 2011
    We were going to do gifts, but as the cost of the wedding added up and the stress of remembering millions of little things set in we decided to do without.  The theory was that we would give eachother "extra nice" first anniversary gifts.  We will see....totally in line with the above posts, I want to do a b-pic shoot and have a book made for DH as part of his anniversary gift - the first year is paper, right?  As Kaesha said, first I have to get back on the shape bandwagon - we just returned from our honeymoon and all the good eating definitely packed on the pounds, just in time for the holidays :)
  • gmdoriagmdoria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Milgauss Rolex, I'm not sure if he's going to have a present for me but it doesn't matter. Just want to surprise him on the wedding day! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Update: DH surprised me at the rehearsal dinner (because he knew I already had my wedding day jewelry) with a beautiful black pearl and diamond necklace, and I still got my cookies the next day! Gosh, I'm so spoiled/lucky to have him! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards