Snarky Brides

Ask a Knottie anything!!

Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!

• Question- What was your dream job when you were younger. Whether its 6 or 16 yrs old, what did you want to be?

Always some sort of scientist, the only thing that's changed in 17 years has been what kind.
  • I never had a dream job growing up.  I never wanted to be a teacher or doctor or a fireman or any of the typical things.  It wasn't until college that I had any idea, and I'm still not really sure what I want to do. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:6653883b-0695-4c21-bb2d-e73121353cea">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a lawyer. I loved arguing with people and was pretty good at it. I thought that was all a lawyer did.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

I have been told my whole life that I should be a lawyer because I am so good at arguing with people and I can always talk people into doing what I want. I have been told that when I argue I have a tone of voice that causes the other person to think they are wrong even if they weren't. FI hates arguing with me because he says I always make him feel guilty even when he didn't do anything wrong or it wasn't something he should feel guilty for.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When I was little I wanted to be a writer. 

When Noodle was little, he wanted to be a Chippendale's dancer.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:384368bd-e46d-43cc-a424-10fff7146c97">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] What was your dream job when you were younger. Whether its 6 or 16 yrs old, what did you want to be? I wanted to be a vet for a long time.  Then I decided that I hated science.  <strong>Had my shoulder not been all fuckered up by a diickhead on a motorbike who wanted my handbag, I would have been a violinist</strong>.
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

Whaaaa? That's straight out of the movies. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he got what was coming to him for what he did to you.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Any- What are the major differences (besides climate and scenery! Social stuff) between Canada and America so far? What's your REAL opinion of the US, hmm?

CCF- How is your ankle? Are you out of the boot?

Noreen- Have you ever gotten so mad at work you had to leave (even for a minute, out to the car, etc)? Was it a student or a staff member? Who annoys you more? (if too personal, you can pass, I totally understand).

All school teachers on the board- If you could magically have a fat, juicy grant show up on your schools doorstep, and you got to decide anything you want to change about the school, how would you spend it? What subjects/departments would you add? Is your school in physical disrepair?

Photobucket
  • How we met: I picked him up at a Michael's store in the framing dept, lol.  He is an electrician now though. 

Natural Disasters:  Hurricanes mostly....

Favorite Holiday:  By far it's Halloween and Christmas :)

Dream Job:  to be an FBI Agent or some undercover stealth mission type stuff, lol.

Summer Activity:  Going to the beach and jet-skiing at the lake

• Question- What was your dream job when you were younger. Whether its 6 or 16 yrs old, what did you want to be?

I wanted to be a veterinarian.

Question: Money is no object, what do you change about your wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:7b713d5f-d564-47be-9014-9b1a2192d20e">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite holiday is Halloween.  We go up to Salem and walk around and do all the witch stuff.  Plus, the fall in New England is fuckn amazing.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Um guess who may be Salem a weekend before Halloween.  ME.
  • I am late to this as well but here it goes.

Worst injury: broken ribs

Middle name: Lyn

Anywhere in the world: Ireland or London

Grandparents:   Grandfather was in the military most of his life for "construction" and Grandma passed away when I was bored but I think she was a stay at home Mom.

Best Vacation:  Vegas in February

Which parent am I like: I am learning I am SO much like my Dad it's scary. My bio Mother is a convicted felon for some horrid things. I would rather not even relate ANYTHING to her.

FI drives me crazy: He gets cranky after graveyards and like to bicker over stupid crap when he's tired ( that I have to be right attitude) Last all of 2 min lol 

How we met: Through friends

What is the farthest that you have ever been from home? California

Ever dealt with a disaster? Earthquake no biggie one we sat through our lesson at school without even blinking an eye

fav holiday?Samhain I plan for it 364 days a year :P (jk) I love being able to dress up and get together with everyone. It's great to see how people perceive the same holiday and how creative people are. I also like people to just let go for one day.

• Who is the most influential person in your life and why?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:aeb8c182-b41c-4ce9-9ac7-b62851add921">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : Um guess who may be Salem a weekend before Halloween.  ME.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous of both of you....I have always wanted to visit Salem during Halloween.  It seems so spooky and creepy fun :)

I wanted to be a pediatric neurosurgeon.  I love surgery and I love the human brain (I know I'm a little strange).  I got into medical school but was ill and it was determined that me and hospitals don't mix well.  I spent so much time in them that after I was better I couldn't fathom working in one day in and day out.  I was on my path and not getting there often makes me feel like a failure.

I'm happy with my career path now but it was never what I intended to become.
  • Dream job I would have to say Biochemical Engineering or working for NASA

Summer activity I really enjoy is going out on the quad and playing in the water with my boys.
  • Question: Money is no object, what do you change about your wedding?
    I would have had more cystals in my ceremony space and I would have brought in peonies from somewhere.

I also think I would have created a huge ice bar.....but maybe not.  Even though my reception was 6.5 hours long I think I would have added on another two hours as an after party.
  • Money is no object: I would have invited more people to our wedding.

Favorite summer activity: Hanging out with our friends outside and having BBQs.

Most Influential Person: H.  He has really helped me grow as a person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:c37e2078-e937-4055-a1bc-b7f0ab392004">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am late to this as well but here it goes. Worst injury:  broken ribs Middle name: Lyn Anywhere in the world:  Ireland or London Grandparents:    Grandfather was in the military most of his life for "construction" and Grandma passed away when I was bored but I think she was a stay at home Mom. Best Vacation:   Vegas in February Which parent am I like:  I am learning I am SO much like my Dad it's scary. My bio Mother is a convicted felon for some horrid things. I would rather not even relate ANYTHING to her. FI drives me crazy:  He gets cranky after graveyards and like to bicker over stupid crap when he's tired ( that I have to be right attitude) Last all of 2 min lol   How we met:  Through friends What is the farthest that you have ever been from home?  California Ever dealt with a disaster?  Earthquake no biggie one we sat through our lesson at school without even blinking an eye fav holiday? Samhain I plan for it 364 days a year :P (jk) I love being able to dress up and get together with everyone. It's great to see how people perceive the same holiday and how creative people are. I also like people to just let go for one day.
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

I am overriding your best vacation to Richmond, VA....lol

• Who is the most influential person in your life and why?

As cliche as this may sound my kids..

They make me a better person. I push myself to do everything I can to be the best I can be and provide them a good role model. When I start to fall apart all it takes is one smile to pick myself back up again and keep going. One look at them and I know everything will be just fine all I have to do is keep trying. They give me a reason to wake up every day. They love me for me no matter what.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    if money wasnt an issue if have had a waaaaaaay better photog and a videographer. oddly, i would have had a much smaller wedding but really plurged on the food and the details instead. i wish it was more intimate than it was (had 75). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:77f0e148-9caf-42ff-9fa0-5940516648fa">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : I am overriding your best vacation to Richmond, VA....lol
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome :)
  •  Noreen- Have you ever gotten so mad at work you had to leave (even for a minute, out to the car, etc)? Was it a student or a staff member? Who annoys you more? (if too personal, you can pass, I totally understand).
    I've certainly been livid before--to the point of shaking in anger. During my first or second year I cried in class (I think because the kids were so lazy and I just wanted them to do well, but so many were failing--that was a bad group). Funny thing is, now I can't remember the specifics of why in most cases, I just remember the emotion. 

Usually extremely mouthy kids get to me, because in the end, I'm just trying to do my job and do the best I can for those kids and it really pisses me off when they don't realize that.  On the upside, whenever a kid gets really out of control, the rest of the class usually sympathizes with me (or the teacher in general).  They're not bad kids at heart and seeing another kid so out of control usually makes them nervous. That being said, I teach really, really good kids, so the problems I encounter are nothing like what some people deal with daily (thank God!).

All school teachers on the board- If you could magically have a fat, juicy grant show up on your schools doorstep, and you got to decide anything you want to change about the school, how would you spend it? What subjects/departments would you add? Is your school in physical disrepair?

I can't answer this.  We need a new, larger building.  We need to save our fine and performing arts programs, we need more teachers, we need a better ESL program, actual books for the English department, better pay/protection of benefits to keep good teachers and attract smart, dedicated people who are going into other fields instead--the list goes on.  Unfortunately, that's most schools due to state aid, rather than just my own school.  It's a pretty bad situation.

Interesting questions, Reddy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:101e15a6-4c99-416c-b1ec-6aa0b1b83125">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : As far as I know, the police never caught him.  It was in China, so if they did, he definitely would have got what was coming to him.  It sucks, I used to be able to play for hours and hours without being tired, and now I can barely play for 45 mins before I have to give up from the pain and how tired it makes me.  I get so frustrated with being that limited that I want to throw my violin across my room, but then I remember that it's a family heirloom and I probably shouldn't do that.

Things like this make me mad. I sure hope they caught that guy. What an asstastic thing to do to someone. But I am happy to hear you don't smash the family heirloom violin. Someday you will get to pass it on and give that gift to someone too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:924c171b-9c68-4871-808a-091834e405fe">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : I feel this way a lot with music.  I'm fine with what I ended up studying, but it felt like my choice was taken away from me.  If I'd chosed to give up violin for another reason than injury, I think I'd be so much happier about the decision.

=( This makes me want to beat that man over the head.  I'm so sorry.

I mean I'm good at the field I'm in now and even passionate but its still not the same. 
  • Favorite holiday: 4th of July. It's quintessential summer to me. Beer, brats, fireworks, warm weather, being on a boat and family.

What I wanted to be when I grew up: I wanted to be a marine biologist for about 12 years, but then realized the few schools I wanted to go to for this to happen were out of state and out of my budget. I still kind of wish I had done that.

If money were no object, what would I change about my wedding: There's not much I would change except the location. The winery where we wanted to get married stopped doing weddings around the time we got engaged. So I would buy the damn winery and pay for everyone's transportation to and from and lodging. But the guest list, type of food, my dress, etc., would all be the same.
  • Wedding: I love most of what we are doing. But instead of a DJ I would have opted for a swing band or something similar. I just think it would go great with the venue. I also would do more flowers. It was conveinent when FI picked ornage for the color, because my favorite orange flowers aren't crazy expensive (if we would have done pink, I would have wanted peonies soo bad). But I do wish there were more flowers. We also would have done the photobooth. FI really wanted it, but we thought it was silly to drop a grand just for a photobooth. Oh, I also probably would've paid someone to do all the DIY (invite, placecards, menus, etc). I love the design, just not all the time I had to put in.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:edd4209c-4f7a-458e-923d-9fff4a4f84e4">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Noreen- Have you ever gotten so mad at work you had to leave (even for a minute, out to the car, etc)? Was it a student or a staff member? Who annoys you more? (if too personal, you can pass, I totally understand). I've certainly been livid before--to the point of shaking in anger. During my first or second year I cried in class (I think because the kids were so lazy and I just wanted them to do well, but so many were failing--that was a bad group). Funny thing is, now I can't remember the specifics of why in most cases, I just remember the emotion.  Usually extremely mouthy kids get to me, because in the end, I'm just trying to do my job and do the best I can for those kids and it really pisses me off when they don't realize that.  On the upside, whenever a kid gets really out of control, the rest of the class usually sympathizes with me (or the teacher in general).  They're not bad kids at heart and seeing another kid so out of control usually makes them nervous. That being said, I teach really, really good kids, so the problems I encounter are nothing like what some people deal with daily (thank God!). All school teachers on the board- If you could magically have a fat, juicy grant show up on your schools doorstep, and you got to decide anything you want to change about the school, how would you spend it? What subjects/departments would you add? Is your school in physical disrepair? I can't answer this.  We need a new, larger building.  We need to save our fine and performing arts programs, we need more teachers, we need a better ESL program, actual books for the English department, better pay/protection of benefits to keep good teachers and attract smart, dedicated people who are going into other fields instead--the list goes on.  Unfortunately, that's most schools due to state aid, rather than just my own school.  It's a pretty bad situation. Interesting questions, Reddy!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

It takes a lot to be a teacher and I have always admired the ones that go above & beyond for kids.  Teachers take a lot of crap from students & parents alike and I have always thought that it takes a special breed of person to be able to overcome that and still want the best for the kids involved.  Teachers are so underpaid and underappreciated for what they do and that is frustrating to know that the men & women that are teaching the future of America don't get the respect they deserve.  Teachers should get paid wayyyy more than what they do.

Basically this means Y-O-U kick ass for being a teacher! ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:b6b02f4d-c85f-482d-b0be-ff91c7cf56c5">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

My mother without a doubt.  She has a strength in her that is inspiring and makes you want to be a better person in general.  She has never turned her back on anyone and would cross mountains if it meant making someone else happy.  She always thinks of others and always puts herself last.  She has worked her fingers to the bone when my Dad left her and did everything she could to make sure my sister and I never went without.  She is the smartest person I know...you could ask her anything and she would probably know the answer.  The woman can do everything from over-hauling an engine to re-upholstering furniture to making her own wedding gown.  She is the B-O-M-B fo sho'

There are not enough minutes in my lifetime to ever begin to thank her for making me the woman I am today.  She is my strength and has always taught me right from wrong.  If I could even be half the woman she is one day, I should consider myself very blessed. 

Ok....I am all teared up over here now.

Who asked this question anyways???  Ohhh shitt, I did...lol

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:0fb07db0-0241-4a99-ae83-ed767b4d1c39">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any- What are the major differences (besides climate and scenery! Social stuff) between Canada and America so far? What's your REAL opinion of the US, hmm? 
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, socially, pretty much everyone in Canada is liberal. There isn't really such a big deal about social issues as there is down here. I'll be honest, I really loved Canada. I don't think I'd mind the US so much up north, but down here I'm iffy. Being in the Bible belt as an atheist is just generally awkward. I also hate your health care system, I miss being able to just walk in and flash a card and not have to do a single other thing. </div><div>
    </div><div>All that said, I like it a lot on an individual scale. The people here have been super nice and I really love Ft Smith as a city, it's very small townish feeling, but they actually have stores, lol. I miss Canada though. Brandon's lucky I love him so much.</div>
  • Thanks, OBX!  I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in the field (it's just rough), but I do love it from day to day. 
  • Worst injury - Walking in a crosswalk and got hit by a car. Broke my leg right below the knee, so no cast, just a leg brace.

Middle name - Christine. I love it. :)

Grandparents - Maternal grandpa was in the Navy and then an executive in a power company. Maternal grandma was mostly a SAHW with several miscellaneous jobs before having kids. He had two siblings, she had one.
    Paternal grandparents were missionaries in Korea. I don't know how big their families were.

Best vacation - We traveled to Vashon Island (in the Puget Sound) every summer growing up. I always loved it.

Parent most like - I'm definitely a blend of both, but the qualities I like best in myself I get from my dad.

How we met - Playing pick-up basketball in the park.

What drives me crazy about DH - He talks smack and gets overly frustrated sometimes when he plays video games.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards