Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH RECEPTION VENUE HELP!!

Hello!  Newly engaged and loving life...but now totally stressing and frustrated with finding a reception site.  We want to have the ceremony up on Mount Washington, we love the church and the view of course!  We picked Pittsburgh because it's awesome, we got engaged in front of Heinz Field, and neither of our families have had a wedding in Pittsburgh before.  We know it's going to be a little pricier, however, I feel like I need to play the lottery with some of the quotes I've been getting!  Any advice on hidden gems or places that are worth the $$?  We are finding most places include a lot of things such as the cake, linens, etc.  Is it worth it?  We are totally not glitzy glam people, so I do plan on a lot of DIY pieces to save money (thanks to pinterest!).  We are going to have about 225-250 people...So I guess I'm asking anyone to point me in the right direction as far as what's standard and are there other options without sacrificing the "Pittsburgh" experience?  I'm open to anything!!!  Thanks!!!!!!! Cool

Re: PITTSBURGH RECEPTION VENUE HELP!!

• The James Centre is close - right in the West End and besides being a nice place, I believe they let you bring your own booze in.  I had an event there before and people still compliment on the food and the venue.
  • we just got engaged, and I was shocked by the prices per person.  If you're worried about cost, I would seriously think about cutting down your numbers.  If you're lucky enough to get $100 per person TOTAL that's $20,000-$25,000 just for food.  And I haven't been able to find anything lower than that...  Where have you looked so far?

You could try renting space at Frick or Schenely park.  I know that the River's Club downtown is very accomodating.  If you tell them the budget you want to stay under they will make it work for you, also the Sheraton at Station Square is less expensive.

Good luck!

• The Pittsburgh Zoo and the Aviary are, from what I understand, reasonable. I'm going super low budget, so I can't help too much. But they are places I would have loved to have a reception at.
  • You can do a wedding for $1000 or $100,000+ in Pittsburgh. You need to look at numbers and be realistic. Decide how much money you're willing to part with and then start shopping. Don't fall in love with something before you decide if you can afford it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Greystone fields is very nice and about 15 miles outside of Pittsburgh and they allow your own food and drinks max capacity is 225
  • Greystone fields is very nice and about 15 miles outside of Pittsburgh and they allow your own food and drinks max capacity is 225
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards