Chit Chat

Seriously??!!! (just venting)

I have no problem with the military...at all. I;m prior service navy and I know all about it, and support it fully. 

SO I get a text from my fiance today asking what the cut off age for the army is. (He's turning 30 this year) And I look it up and tell him, and ask him if he's thinking about joining, and he says yes. 

I don't know where this came from, or why, but we've been planning our wedding for 2 months now (supposed to be in april) and as my mom suggested, he might be getting cold feet. I don't think it's the issue, I think it's about bills and money and such, but since he's at work right now, and i'm already off, it's driving me insane, why this came up all of a sudden, and what made him decide this...

he did say that we would get married before he left though.....i'm just curious as to why all of a sudden he brings this up, but I have told him I was thinking about re enlisting with the army, once I get back into shape. 

I'm just confused, and don't know what to make of the situation. 

Marrying my best friend and soulmate 4/9/11:)

Re: Seriously??!!! (just venting)

• I think you two need to sit down and talk about your future life plans and goals and decide how that fits into married life. Communication is key in a marriage or relationship.
  • MissySue is 100% right Communication is the key and even though plans and goals are often not written down sometimes is it really good to have it on paper and see where you match up, where you want to be, 1yr,5yrs,and so on. Sometimes its hard to do with so much of life going on around you but sit down without distractions and really talk! Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd not flip out until you have time to talk to him.  Your mind is racing with all kinds of assumptions.  Listen to what he has to say and he should listen to you.  Talk it out and take it from there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree. Until you talk to him to find out where his head is at, it is hard to come up with logical explanations
  • Fi did something similar, talk to him about it and how you feel.  There are good parts of military life, and bad.  Basically talk to him, see whats up.

You also might want to talk to him about the fact that he is making this choice without talking to you, or thinking about it.  I would object to how he brought it up. 
  • Maybe he sees it as a way to provide a stable life for you, at least in terms of finances and benefits if not location. 

Talk to him, see what's up.  It might just be a random thought and he wanted to do a little research. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_seriously-just-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f21dffa1-6194-4ef3-944e-3ac2c9bf6e3dPost:728e3937-c956-4f3a-be64-7b2e9db2648f">Re: Seriously??!!! (just venting)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you two need to sit down and talk about your future life plans and goals and decide how that fits into married life. Communication is key in a marriage or relationship.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

THIS...100%!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • I sooooooo agree with MissySue20. Communication is definitely the key to an awesome future together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards