Not Engaged Yet

Half AW/Half freak out post

I have an internship interview next week and I'm freakin. Nevermind that I have nothing to wear, I also haven't been on an interview in almost two years. Wahhh.

Re: Half AW/Half freak out post

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Nothing to wear is a good problem.  You get to go shopping!

Congrats!  Look up some common interview questions and practice your answers.  You'll do great!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. Good luck! I hate interviews, so I don't have any helpful pointers for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you'll do great! Just remember to relax :) Getting new clothes is always fun!
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    So this is the best advice I've ever gotten for interviews, YMMV....

When they ask "why do you want to work here?" or whatever, do Not say things along the lines of "I reeeally want to work here" or "it's my dream" or whatever.  They don't care.  Instead, say "Well, I'm really organized and good with numbers, so working at XYZ Accounting Firm is a perfect fit for me," or etc. 

Basically they want to hear, what can YOU do for THEM.

I dunno if that helps or not, but good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the good vibes everyone!

And whereyat, that actually is really helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Relax, smile and make sure to turn your cell phone off before you go in to the interview :)  I've never had mine go off, but it irritates me when the person interviewing me has their phone go off.   I've also seen other people waiting to be interviewed talking away on their phones while they're waiting - yep, that sure sends off a professional image.

Good Luck!
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck and remember to RELAX
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Loehmann's and treat yourself to new interview clothes.  Tell them I said hi, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards