Not Engaged Yet

PSA - Free Stuff at Subway Canada

For my fellow Canadians, Subway is offering a free ham and cheese on an english muffin and a free coffee from 7 to 10 today. Enjoy!

Re: PSA - Free Stuff at Subway Canada

• edited December 2011
    ::foot stomp::

I want to live in Canada!!
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The American ones might do it too, but I have no idea.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_psa-stuff-subway-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c32ab733-3b87-4999-8cff-565795f3f2ecPost:b0a75ab4-6f35-4ee5-a7b8-66017a1e63cd">Re: PSA - Free Stuff at Subway Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]The American ones might do it too, but I have no idea.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

aw, you're so sweet Hazel. I'm just being goofy this morning. It does sound yummy though. Plus, free is always tasty. Enjoy!
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides, it doesn't work for your Paleo does it?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_psa-stuff-subway-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c32ab733-3b87-4999-8cff-565795f3f2ecPost:0846005d-6a9d-4644-b128-10fa2d1a4140">Re: PSA - Free Stuff at Subway Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]Besides, it doesn't work for your Paleo does it?
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

Nope! I had a horrible  week with Paleo last week. BUT my meals are all packed for today and I'm going to my boot camp class tonight - so getting back on track!
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you liking it though?

I'm not sure how I'd be able to do with no bread or beans/lentils. Correct me if you can have that stuff.  I'm having this great chickpea salad this week and it reminded me that I'd miss stuff like hummus.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hazel, I've been cutting back on my bread a lot and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still eat some, but for the most part I tell myself it's gone completely (which is a lie... but it does help me cut back). I don't miss it like I thought I would.

It's a good thing I just read this post now because that does not sound good for me ;)
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bren - it actually tasted way healthier than McDonald's or Tim's ones. There were veggies on there!
  • edited December 2011
    Hazel - yes you have to give up grains, sugar and legumes. (I'm also trying to give up  most dairy.)

For me it is more of a problem mentally to not crave those things than an actual physical desire to eat them. I will say I have felt horrible this past week. Eating what I used to, I feel like i'm poisoning my body. Doesn't mean I still don't want those things now and then, but I really do feel a ton better when i'm eating on the plan.

If you tried it for a week, you might be amazed at how east those things are to give up. I never felt weak or anything while cutting those foods out.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allusive - Hmmm, maybe I should try it. I just like eating a variety of things, but in moderation. It would be wise for me to limit my sugar and dairy though.
  • edited December 2011

Sugar is a big one. I had no idea how over sweetened things were until I started reading labels. There is sugar in EVERYTHING. I think grains and dairy are OK in moderation, but I really watch what the ingredients are now. I try to get things that are as little processing as possible. Stick to the outside edge of the grocery and you'll do great! (it's the isles that have all of the processed stuff, that's why it's on the shelf and not refrigerated!)

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I tend to do that outer circle already. I try to avoid processed as much as I can. In general, for me the sugar is not the problem it is sodium levels.
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grr. I meant to take advantage of this. I totally forgot! Boo :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was so late for work that I didn't have time to get one!!

DAMMIT! I am the worst extreme couponer/freebie grabber EVER.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards