Arizona-Phoenix

Caterer Tastings

We are just starting the process of looking for a caterer.

The first place we are looking offers a free, large group tasting 4 times a year.  Of course it works out that a tasting is coming up that we can't attend.  We would have to wait 3 months to attend a tasting - or we can have a private tasting - but the cost for this is $50 per person. 

Has anyone heard of such a high fee or had similar experiences?

I'd really like to taste the food somewhere before signing, but not sure I want to spend that much, or have to wait three months...suggestions?
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterer Tastings

• GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of this for cake tastings, it's a little annoying, but we worked with it. We asked our wedding cake baker if she would apply the $50 tasting fee to our order if we decided to sign a contract with her. We tried other bakeries that offered free tastings first & when we were still left unsatisfied, we tried the bakery with the $50 tasting fee. Our baker applied our $50 tasting fee to our wedding cake order like a credit. Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    My caterer, Fresh From the Kitchen, charged 10 bucks a plate (which they put towards the cost of the catering), and offered to meet with us privately if we were unable to make the big tastings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards