Nevada-Las Vegas

Pre-Register for marriage license

What is this about?  Is it worth it?  Do you still have to go stand in line?

Re: Pre-Register for marriage license

• edited December 2011
    Humm...never heard about this??? Do you have a link??
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of it either.  But unless you are getting married on some super popular day (like 10-10-10) you won't have to wait in line long at all to get your license.  I think it took us 5 minutes total.
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently came across this also.  Pre-application info is on this website about 1/2 way down.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/Pages/marriage_information.aspx
  • edited December 2011

Ok....It looks like it might help, but never hear of it taking too long...

2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    edited December 2011
    It took us about 5-10 minutes to get our license.
  • jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Picked up my license in October and actually saw a couple people go through the pre-registration line. They really didn't get through that much faster as there were several windows open. It only took about 10 minutes for me.
  • edited December 2011
    since im getting married on 10-10-10, my wedding co-ordinator sent me the information and paperwork would need to fill out ahead of time. that way when we go, we can by-pass the line, atleast thats what she told me. she said weekends and other important days such as this one would make the court house extra busy.
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pre-register is a new feature added on the Clark County web site.
    We tried to pre-register but couldn't get it to let us for some reason. Llike others, it only took us about 5 minutes to do it. The forms were right there on a table when you walk in, we filled it out and voila...they actually let us get married! ;)
    It took us more time to figure out where we were going after walking from Fremont Street than it did to file the marriage license. :)
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to fill out the paperwork BEFORE you get there. You can download the forms online. There were several people standing there filling it out and we were able to bypass them. You can actually fill out the PDF on Adobe Acrobat and just print it out.

Make sure to double check the courthouses documents... they put DHs birthdate for both of us.
  • jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    We had filled out the form before and there was no waiting, took us 10mins total.

PLEASE like Savannah said, CHECK THE MARRIAGE LICENSE BEFORE  YOU LEAVE!! They made the mistake of putting my name under groom and his name under bride. We haven't fixed it yet, but it's my excuse to keep going back :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards