African American Weddings

Do you think you will...

cry on your wedding day? Or if you are already married, did you cry?

I am such a crybaby that I cry during commercials, speeches, etc. However, I didn't shed a tear at our engagement (my parents and his grandmother did though...so sweet)...I was just happy and couldn't stop smiling for anything. It didn't hit me until weeks later and then the tears came.

My FI knows how easily I cry and I know he felt his proposal fell short because I didnt...so not the case. This brings me to think about the wedding day...I'm sure the walk down the aisle or exchanging of vows may do it, but I really hope I keep my composure! Songs usually do me in so I'm expecting to depend on my daddy to get me down the aisle without the ugly face...lol. No, scratch that...I will probably be holding him together...
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Do you think you will...

• edited December 2011
    I became a crybaby mess about three month before the wedding. Commercials, watching the little mermaid wedding with my niece. So embarriassing to cry in fornt of a 5 year old. lol So I knew that I would cry. I was trying keep from crying all that day. I teared up when my bp was getting dressed. But held it in, by using my freshly done makeup as a crutch. I was good. Then I amost lost it when walking down the aisle with my dad and I saw our monogram aisle runner, which I had forgot. But without my knowledge my hubby had went all the way back home to get. I made it through that. I absolutely lost it when, his niece sang at last, before the ceremony started. It was a wrap after that. The tears were flowing. Thank goodness for nana and her red and white hanky that matched perfectly. Laughing
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I will. I cried when we got engaged. Shoot I cried when I realized what was happening and then he teared up as he proposed. So I will see if I can pay my makeup artist extra to hang around with me throughout the day because I know I'm going to need it. FI calls me a crybaby. Now I will be surprised if he cries but I'm already expecting it on my end.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I will definitely cry. Im a cry baby already and have always been like you eagles I can cry at anything. My boys bday party was 2 weeks ago and at the bowling alley the dj had "A Jerk" dancing contest my 7yr old got on the dance floor and did his thang, and yes I started getting teary eyed (Im such a baby)

FI is a little nervous of this too, because he is already knowing he is gonna tear up since its a really big moment. So how were both gonna pull this off I have no clue. That's why were definitely doing a 1st look to hopefully help the tears some :)
  • edited December 2011
    @ Kia - Did your DH cry?

@ Princess - I'm not expecting tears from my FI either. I've only seen him cry at his grandfather's funeral and heard him cry when he called me as they realized he was dying...other than that...those eyes stay dry. He can probably count the number of times he's cried in his life.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think I will cry a little during the vows. I'm hoping that I will be just so happy that the emotions will hit behind closed doors
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already know my sensitive behind WILL cry...

NO DOUBT about it!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_think-will?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:69ba82f5-be86-42eb-8782-c758fa1bd383Post:706a8b73-d518-44ef-aed1-69400920a4b1">Re: Do you think you will...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Kia - Did your DH cry?
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

Yes, and so did his two bms. It was so cute. Later he told me that he was misty eyed when he saw his daughters walking down the aisle, our two jbms. But began to lose it once he saw me. I had to use nanas hanky on him as well. lol. It made for great tender moment pics.
  • edited December 2011

@ Jess - I bet you were a proud mama...kids will make you cry! I bet I will be a ball of tears when I have some. A first look is a great idea, but my FI is dead-set against it. I am pretty traditional, but surprisingly, I am open to the idea. I will respect his wishes on this one though.

@ Kia - Aww...that is so sweet...DH and the BMs. I expect our BM to cry...he was my friend first then became FI's line brother and roommate for a while. He is the true definition of a mutual BFF.

@ Smooth & TysWife - Are you planning to keep your makeup artist or bag handy throughout the day?

AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011

DHs bff/bm is like that as well. He is bff to us both. He grew up with dh and theyve been roommates on and off for years. I met them both at the same time and we all clicked instantly. But me and his bm became closer friends when dh had moved to ny for two years. We were all on the same nextel plan. so we kept in touchwith dh that way.

• edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!
    I am usually a crier for the most part but i didn't cry during the engagement and we were both shoked. LOL; However i cried like an idiot hroughout the ceremony and i couldn't stop myself. So I have the ugly cry look on all my pic walking down the aisle/vows/etc. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    I know I will cry. I cried when he proposed, I cried when I found my dress and I cry at some of the wedding shows on t.v. so I know I will be shedding some tears.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Song of Solomon 4:10
  • edited December 2011
    More than likely I will cry! I am ultra sensitive. As far as my FH I am not too sure of what he is going to do. He nearly freaked out when he saw a model in a wedding dress at the wedding show! LOL!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I were just talking about that the other day.  I am almost sure that I am going to cry.  I have never been very emotional until now in this relationship.  I am just so happy, the thought of us being in love and getting married makes me cry.  On the other hand, I am not a big fan of crying in front of people. I am hoping that I can hold it together and cry days before the wedding.  One of my friends is a cry baby and she wants to make a toast so that will probably do it.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a crybaby so I know I'll probably cry.  I've even been getting teary eyed at some of the wedding videos I've seen lately.  FI doesn't cry, so I will be really surprised if he does.  But then again if he does, I know I'll be bawling then lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I cried, cried cried. I was good until I hit that aisle, and it was full on waterworks.lol... DH did not cry, he was smiling so wide at me, because we made a bet of which of us would cry!
  • hunee=pyehunee=pye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a certified CRYBABY.. My eyes water when I think about my daddy walking me down the isle such a daddy's girl it make no sense. My eyes water when I look at the wedding pics the lovelys post on here.
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cried but only briefly during a reading my best friend did during the ceremony & her speech during the reception. And I am a crybaby! I cry all the time... I actually ruined 2 thank you notes with my tears LOL.

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think I will cry, I cried when he proposed. My FI is the biggest cry baby ever he will cry in a second from anything. I know the look on his face and once I see it I know he is about to burst into tears. I've gotten emotional during planning and just sitting and having thoughts I've nearly gone into tears. Planning this wedding has me an emotional mess. it will be an intresting day.
    My FI's favorite singer is a friend of mine and he has no idea, but I wrote a song and she is going to compose it and sing it at the wedding. He has no clue she will even be there. Whenever he hears her songs he just crys and crys so I know if by that point if he hasn't already broken into tears he will be a mess then.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Do you think you will...:
    [QUOTE]I cried, cried cried. I was good until I hit that aisle, and it was full on waterworks.lol... DH did not cry, he was smiling so wide at me, because we made a bet of which of us would cry!
    Posted by MIABRIDENTAMPA[/QUOTE]

THIS!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards