• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Honeymoon

Need Honeymoon Suggestions (October)

Trying to come up with ideas for honeymoon after our October wedding (mid-October).  Definitely want to stay right on the beach, but be able to do a few day trips for other activities (mostly active things, we aren't much for sightseeing tours).  I really like the low-rise resort type things so you know you are close to everything..but we like the resort like amenities as well.  We stayed at Couples Swept Away for a vacation and this feel is kind of what I'm looking for....(but we'd like to go somewhere new).

Course October is a bit risky a lot of places, so I was thinking maybe Hawaii?  But most of the resorts there look like the high rise variety.

Thoughts?
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Honeymoon Suggestions (October)

• Hawaii in October shouldnt be bad! Ive been before around then and it was nice! Same with PVR :)
  • If you liked Couples Swept Away, then you are going to fall in love with Secrets Maroma Beach. Secrets Maroma Beach is an adult’s only all-inclusive located in the Riviera Maya. The best thing about the resort is the beach. It’s honestly one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. If you’re looking for a romantic, yet still fun-filled honeymoon, then Secrets is the place to go. You can take part in a number of different activities during the day including kayaking and windsurfing and then unwind at night at one of the resorts many restaurants. Good luck with your decision and congratulations!
  • When OP says that October is risky, I'm guessing she means hurricaine season in beach locales (eastern Mexico, Puerto Rico included).

I am facing the same obstacle (mid-October wedding), so at this point we have pretty much narrowed it down to either Buenos Aires (it will be spring in South America, and there will be LOTS to do there), or Hawaii. Believe it or not, going all the way down to Buenos Aires will likely be way cheaper. We won't be on the beach, but that's OK by us since we'll have other things to do to relax.

If you want to be by the beach in October, I would recommend you look into Cabo or Hawaii.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards