Wedding Reception Forum

Decorating Delima

Have any of you run into issues with your future mother-inlaw?  I am currently living with my fiance and his parents and the topic of how we will decorate our venue came up tonight. She informed me that she would like to be in charge of the decorating as well as design for the venue.  I am struggling with how to tell her that it is my wedding and that the responsibility of the design falls with my fiance and I because it is what we want not what she wants.  Any ideas of how to do this without burning a bridge?

Re: Decorating Delima

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment

Well, first talk to FI and make sure he's on the same page as you. If he is, then both of you need to sit down and explain to your FMIL that you want to do things your way. Is she and/or FFIL paying? If they or she is then just say: We appreciate your help with this wedding, but we really have a vision in mind and we both discussed it and have decided on this..... We have no  problem listening to your ideas, we just really want to stick with the design we have invisioned. If he's a momma's boy, try and have him do most of the talking and then just chime in when need be. HTH!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_decorating-delima?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:0519c436-3a46-46ff-8c1f-45e501425193Post:7c122410-a9a5-4838-a3cd-2af37eca555f">Re: Decorating Delima</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, first talk to FI and make sure he's on the same page as you. If he is, then both of you need to sit down and explain to your FMIL that you want to do things your way. Is she and/or FFIL paying? If they or she is then just say: We appreciate your help with this wedding, but we really have a vision in mind and we both discussed it and have decided on this..... We have no  problem listening to your ideas, we just really want to stick with the design we have invisioned. If he's a momma's boy, try and have him do most of the talking and then just chime in when need be. HTH!!!
    Posted by cmp1986[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div><strong>this!</strong></div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cmp - your sig picture is just ginormous.  Can you make it smaller?  Please?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards