Massachusetts-Boston

Boston Hotel Venue

Hi! I am deciding between the Fairmont Copley Plaza, the Taj Boston, and the Park Plaza. Does anyone have any experience with attending/planning weddings at any of these locations? Thanks!

Re: Boston Hotel Venue

• Just went to one at fairmont Copley. Room was beautiful, food good, bar staff was pretty friendly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I find the Park Plaza old and a bit dated. IMO, it does not compare to the Taj or the Fairmont. I have heard wonderful things about both the Taj and Fairmont. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agre with imahoney.  Taj and Fairmont are just a cut above the Park Plaza.  Both are gorgeous, but if it was me, I'd go with the Fairmont :)  Also, I found the staff at the Fairmont, based on almost having my wedding there, to be top notch.
  • I'm not doing a hotel wedding (having it at the Hampshire House) but did look at all those places to block rooms for OOT guests - the Park Plaza was EXTREMELY unhelpful and difficult to get a hold of, and awful at returning calls, even to just give me rates.  The Taj and Fairmount were both great customer service wise.  I ultimately went with the Marriott Copley though because their rate was slightly better and they gave a free suite upgrade. 
  • DH and I looked at Fairmont Copley and Taj. We didn't look at Park Plaza since like the PPs said it looks kind of old. The Taj had a lower minimum than Fairmont Copley, so that was our #2 choice. Fairmont was gorgeous and the people we met were very nice, but the ballrooms weren't really our style.
  • I recently went to a wedding on the roof of the Taj.  Great views, probably the best wedding food/cake I've ever eaten, but definitely meant for a smaller wedding (this was 75 people).  I wasn't overly impressed with the service though, but it's a good choice, especially for a smaller wedding!
  • I <3 Fairmont Copley.  If you are still looking, definitely reconsider! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards