Wedding Invitations & Paper

Destination Invite Confusion

I'm pretty new to posting here, so forgive me if I didn't manage to dig this up while searching on the topic!  I feel fairly inept when it comes to wedding planning :(

Here is the scoop:

We are having our wedding in Las Vegas this November.  Nearly all of our friends & family live in the WI, IL area.  We want to keep this a very small, intimate gathering (like no more than 30 ppl).  However, my clan is very large, very Irish-American, and traditionally invites EVERYONE to every wedding.  I also understand that flying to Vegas for the weekend is something that not everyone is going to feel fired up about doing, in this dire economy.

Soooo, how on earth do we phrase these invites so that my clan knows that if they feel inclined to spend a weekend in LV with us, we will be grateful.  If they would prefer to watch the webcast in the comfort of their own homes, we will be grateful as well.  We also plan on hosting a low-key gathering when we get back. 

How do you put this all on paper in a proper etiquette approved way?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Destination Invite Confusion

• An invitation isn't a summons.  Just an invitation.  Which already connotes the "if you'd like to come, we would love to have you" sentiment you want to get across.  That's all you can do.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • We only invited immediate family and WP to Vegas.  Everyone else is getting a separate AHR invite with webcast information.  If we had invited everyone to Vegas as well, most of them would have decided to make the trip, and we couldn't afford that.

If you can afford to accommodate them, invite them.  If you can't afford it, don't.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Thanks ladies!  So, is it acceptable to send real "Come to Las Vegas" invites to those in our inner circle, and send Webcast/home party invites to the rest of the family? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards