Georgia-Atlanta

Destination wedding/reception location in Georgia for 25 - 40 people $4k - $6k budget

We're looking for a destination location, ideally all-inclusive, within about 2 1/2 hour drive of Atlanta for 25 - 40 people. I would guess the list will be on the lower side after we get RSVPs back, but I'm unsure exactly how many will come. We've looked at a few things on line and are having some difficulty finding nice locations with a package or per head price that's all-inclusive (or close to it). What do you think the best venue would be as far as our budget? Any suggestions to look at?

Re: Destination wedding/reception location in Georgia for 25 - 40 people $4k - $6k budget

• We would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. Ideally, we would like the venue to not be a restaurant unless it's really nice. Something about the party room or conference room feel turns me off some of the places I've seen.
  • You might check out Cavender Castle in Dahlonega.  They have pretty affordable all-inclusive packages and Dahlonega is a great destination for your wedding party.
  • Check out Vecoma on the Yellow River. Very budget-friendly, and not so big that a smaller number of people would look like they're hanging out in an empty space. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out the Garrett-Bullock House in Columbus.  My best friend got married there and they did everything for her, was one of the most fun weddings I've been to (minus mine of course), and they were VERY affordable!
  • Check out Waters Mill or Forrest Hills Resort in Dahlonega....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're still in need of a venue, you should check out The Banquet Hall of Jonesboro. They are currently offering a package deal for $5500. Ask for Valencia.
  • Crooked Pines Farm is located in Eatonton Georgia and directly in your budget. They have a package that is normally $4,000, but is being offer at $2,000 right now. Their package includes accomodations for up to 150 people, rental of The Barn from 9am-midnight, use of the bridal parlor, linens, and an event coordinator. Check them out: http://www.crookedpinesfarm.com/the-barn.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards