New York-Upstate

Rochester NY Venues- Bring your own caterer locations.

Hello,
I am looking to get married near Rochester NY in September 2012(possibly late August) . But am having a hard time finding a location that will accept an outside caterer. I will have around 200 guests. I am open to having a tent and outdoor wedding, or indoor wedding with patio and outside space available. I love the barn wedding idea (I think the ithaca barns are too far), or something by one of the finger lakes, my favorite place is Max at High Falls but they don't allow outside caterer. I was originally looking at the "wedding weekend thing" and renting a house on the finger lakes and getting an outdoor tent, but I can't find a house big enough to accomodate that many people. And everyone I contacted said they don't allow weddings at there houses.  I looked at Logan Ridge, but the dining area was narrow, the landscaping was horrible, and looks like they need to update the facility a little. I am going to look into Artisan Works. I looked at a couple parks but most of them have alot of alcohol restrictions, and you have to be out of there by 10:45/11.  Any comments/suggestions would help. Thanks

Re: Rochester NY Venues- Bring your own caterer locations.

• KG728KG728 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,
    I am looking to get married near Rochester NY in September 2012(possibly late August) . But am having a hard time finding a location that will accept an outside caterer. I will have around 200 guests. I am open to having a tent and outdoor wedding, or indoor wedding with patio and outside space available. I love the barn wedding idea (I think the ithaca barns are too far), or something by one of the finger lakes, my favorite place is Max at High Falls but they don't allow outside caterer. I was originally looking at the "wedding weekend thing" and renting a house on the finger lakes and getting an outdoor tent, but I can't find a house big enough to accomodate that many people. And everyone I contacted said they don't allow weddings at there houses.  I looked at Logan Ridge, but the dining area was narrow, the landscaping was horrible, and looks like they need to update the facility a little. I am going to look into Artisan Works. I looked at a couple parks but most of them have alot of alcohol restrictions, and you have to be out of there by 10:45/11.  Any comments/suggestions would help. Thanks

• edited December 2011
    What about Logan Ridge?  It's in the Finger Lakes, allows up to 250 people and allows you to bring in your own DJ, caterer, etc.

www.loganridge.com

You may also want to try the ladies on the Central New York board.  They are great with suggestions but they like you to say hi and introduce yourself first!  Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KG728KG728 member
    edited December 2011

I looked at Logan Ridge, but honestly I think it needs some updating, the landscaping looked horrible, and it seems like a far ride from Rochester to make my guests drive. I did love the patio outsdie, it was huge and had a great view of the lake.

Ok, thank you, I will try and figure out if I can move this posting.

Thanks-Kristina

• CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    edited December 2011
    Sonnenberg Gardens (in Canandaigua) is very pretty, and you can have a outdoor ceremony/tented reception. I think they have a package that provides you with tables and chairs (and the tent), but you do everything else yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards