New Jersey

Low Key Bachelorette

Does anyone have suggestions for a very low key bachelorette party near Northern NJ or NYC (even upstate)?  It would be summertime and preferably a one-day daytime event.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Low Key Bachelorette

• We are doing a spa day and then a poolside lunch followed by dinner. :)

• How about a wine tour in upstate NY?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • If you're willling to go to PA, I LOVED the New Hope Winery in New Hope, PA. It was about a 40 min trip from Morris Country. The wines were great, inexpensive (the most expensive was like, 20$) if you want to get some to take home, and if you're going with a group they put out an awesome spread of snacks and desserts. I went during my senior week last year and had an awesome time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to stay away from too much drinking by doing something in the day. A friend of mine had a spa day and we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked. Does anyone have fun places to go to a special lunch? Maybe rooftop or something fancy you wouldn't do normally? Thanks again :-)
  • edited January 2012
    Since you mentioned upstate NY, what about Saratoga or Lake George? It's really beautiful up there. Saratoga has great restaurants and you could go to the racetrack-- it's a lot of fun.  Lake George is also pretty and very relaxing! There is a beautiful hotel where you can go for tea and spa -- Sagamore

imageAnniversary
  • You can take a dinner cruise on lake George...
  • What about a sailboat ride around NYC?  I have gone on a boat called the Manhattan that leaves from Chelsea Piers, it lasted 3 hours - they do different types of themed sails.  For example, I went on a wine tasting cruise but they do others if you are looking to avoid alcohol.  Then you could do dinner afterwards and call it a day. 
    Another option is to have the party at someone's home and hire one of those spa companies to come to you and do manis/pedis and massages. 
    Anniversary
  • Lunch at the Boathouse in Central Park.

A day at Action Park / Mountain Creek water park in Vernon, NJ.  It's not exactly low key b/c it's an active thing but it's a day thing with no booze.  You can all sit & relax by the wave pool. 

A trip to an museum & w/ lunch before or after

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards