Military Brides
Options

I don't know what to do

So FI is thinking of joining the Navy. He has been thinking of this for a while. I told him that I don't want him to go but that I would support him if he chose to. We are planning to get married in April 2012 on a cruise to Puerto Vallarta. I was going to put the deposit for the cruise and the WC but now I don't know if we could get married then or not. Now I don't know what to do or where to start.
Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage

Re: I don't know what to do

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You need to put a hold on planning until he decides what he wants to do.  You are very right.  If you choose a date now and book things now and then he joins, you may have to change everything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Also, if he decides to go forward with joining, you need to decide if this is a life you want.  Being a military wife is not easy and it isn't a life for everyone.  Lurk on the Military Nestie and Military Families boards on The Nest and The Bump.  Click the button in my siggy that takes you to the MN FAQ page. Read it.  Do your research.  Go with him to the recruiter's office and ask questions.  Know what you will be getting into. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3b631e88-cae6-40fc-bac4-7c507f42657fPost:341f432c-6095-4121-9afd-1fed0b26b83e">Re: I don't know what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, if he decides to go forward with joining, you need to decide if this is a life you want.  Being a military wife is not easy and it isn't a life for everyone.  Lurk on the Military Nestie and Military Families boards on The Nest and The Bump.  Click the button in my siggy that takes you to the MN FAQ page. Read it.  Do your research.  Go with him to the recruiter's office and ask questions.  Know what you will be getting into. 
    Posted by iluvmytxrgr[/QUOTE]

<div>This x 1,000</div>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards