Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

menu selections

hey, we are having our wedding at a winery...it has a old rustic/historic look...we are trying to decide what kinda of food to serve to serve i would like food that kinda goes with the same feel as the place...we are looking to buffet or stations for about 100 people  any ideas?

Re: menu selections

• edited December 2011
    Ooohh at a winery you can't beat rustic Italian dishes;

Perhaps a ravioli station; meat, cheese, mushroom ravioli...choice of red or parmesan sauce.  

Braised veal shank carving station served over sun-dried tomato polenta.  

Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato with balsamic reduction. 

Anti-pasti spread on a table with various meats, cheeses, marinaded olives, etc. 

I could go on and on...

OP: we have really similar avatars.

• hoho0229hoho0229 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks that helps a lot...im now between doing the rustic italian thing or "comfort foods" ie a slider station with hamburger slider and pulled pork and a crazy toppings...a mashed potatoe bar mac and cheese balls etc.  and of course some kinda veggie thrown in there too
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    edited December 2011
    I like the italian food idea for a wine wedding.  I don't think of hamburger sliders and pulled pork when i think of rustic/historic winery :/  I don't think they're bad food ideas (i <3 the mac and cheese balls!) but if your looking for something that goes at a winery wedding, i think italian goes much better.  you could do some mediteranean food in there too with italian... bruschetta, olives, hummus and pita, grilled eggplant,  fried raviolis, cheeses and crackers, etc.
  • hoho0229hoho0229 member
    edited December 2011
    italian it is pasta is always a crowd pleaser

• edited December 2011
    we are having our wedding at a rustic winery as well. The menu is as follows:

Appetizers:
    Cheese Platter- Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Brie, Smoked Gouda, Swiss and Blue Cheese
    Mediterranean Platter- Hummus, Tabouleh, Olives, Marinated Feta, and Pita

Passed Hors d’oeuvres:
    Tomato Cucumber Cups
    Bacon & Sour Cream Mini Potatoes

Dinner:
    Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast w/Maple Brandy Cream Sauce
    Homemade Black Bean Burger with Lime Mango salsa

Desert:
    Wedding Cake- white cake with raspberry filling, and butter cream icing
    Vegan/Gluten free cake- to be determined

• edited December 2011
    keeping in theme, consider a pairing with what wines you are serving.  Peppery red wines are excellent with beef and red meat.  Dry and briney white wine with a fish option.  Whatever you pick, consider writing your menu cards with a pairing idea from the vineyard.  Also fondues and cheese based dishes are amazing with good wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards