Wedding Etiquette Forum

How to un-ask...? (long)

13»

Re: How to un-ask...? (long)

• I was totally going to say that! We had one less guy and - I'm not saying this to sound shallow, I swear - but I look perfectly centered in our pictures. Me in white, then 3 guys in black on one side, and 3 girls in purple on the other. My uber-anal retentive side actually loved the aesthetic of our "uneven" wedding party in photos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Put yourself in her shoes...How would you feel if someone cut you out bc they are concerned about symmetry?

It really makes you feel important in the scheme of things, doesn't it?
    Photobucket
  • Brooke - after looking at our pics I finally realized why everyone who had even bp's looked off to me.  And it's seriously not an attention thing, it just looks better since the guys are usually all dressed the same.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:7efd53e6-3ea3-48ee-8e31-16c4241267a0">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put yourself in her shoes...How would you feel if someone cut you out bc they are concerned about symmetry? It really makes you feel important in the scheme of things, doesn't it?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

People who are on smack shouldn't give advice.  Sheesh.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:751d0dbf-d120-411b-90a3-a76df09acb4e">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brooke - after looking at our pics I finally realized why everyone who had even bp's looked off to me.  And it's seriously not an attention thing, it just looks better since the guys are usually all dressed the same.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Eye to eye, my dear. Eye to eye.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:8c30b5c4-3db4-4234-b8cb-f2bc515f2251">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How to un-ask...? (long) : Eye to eye, my dear. Eye to eye.
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

<3

• Can we hide a baby post in here since it's dead?

How are you feeling? Did you choose a name?
  • BABY POST!!!! SOUND THE ALARM!!!!!

<3
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • A-OOOOOO-GAH!!
  • Do you realize that if you demote her you will have 3 bm?  So in any photos you have of you and your bm, there will be one on one side of you and two on the other.  On no, you still won't have symmetry and you will have lost a friend!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • If you think your feelings were hurt, imagine being the "friend' who gets to be told that she's no longer in your wedding because you value even sides more than your friendship with her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:eee58b33-3272-4525-ae65-77e035b551f6">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you realize that if you demote her you will have 3 bm?  So in any photos you have of you and your bm, there will be one on one side of you and two on the other.  On no, you still won't have symmetry and you will have lost a friend!
    Posted by blackfire5th[/QUOTE]

yesss!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't agree with ANY  of these women.  It is *YOUR* wedding, and you should do exaclty what makes YOU happy.  Your wedding day is not the day to cater to anyone else's needs but you and your fiance.  I completely understand about asking someone to step down, especially if you barely speak anymore.  I moved out of the country two years before my wedding, and have experienced the same sentiment -- it is disappointing, but mostly it's hurtful.  Anyone who has a problem with it can piss off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:f1acad48-7a83-49db-9f55-90e8cc3234b1">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't agree with ANY  of these women.  It is *YOUR* wedding, and you should do exaclty what makes YOU happy.  Your wedding day is not the day to cater to anyone else's needs but you and your fiance.  I completely understand about asking someone to step down, especially if you barely speak anymore.  I moved out of the country two years before my wedding, and have experienced the same sentiment -- it is disappointing, but mostly it's hurtful.  Anyone who has a problem with it can piss off.
    Posted by kjclapin[/QUOTE]

Hey genius, first off- this post is from MARCH.   Second, it is indeed rude to kick someone out of your wedding party.  But, I'm sure you're a classy lady, telling your friends to "piss off."  Sheesh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_un-ask-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a18a5d4-7128-41a3-9e27-8edcc757aff8Post:f1acad48-7a83-49db-9f55-90e8cc3234b1">Re: How to un-ask...? (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't agree with ANY  of these women.  It is *YOUR* wedding, and you should do exaclty what makes YOU happy.  Your wedding day is not the day to cater to anyone else's needs but you and your fiance.  I completely understand about asking someone to step down, especially if you barely speak anymore.  I moved out of the country two years before my wedding, and have experienced the same sentiment -- it is disappointing, but mostly it's hurtful.  Anyone who has a problem with it can piss off.
    Posted by kjclapin[/QUOTE]

<div>Really?  You decide to use your first post ever to revive a 9 month old thread and give terrible advice?  </div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards