Not Engaged Yet
Options

Rainbows n Kittehs

So this board is dead now. For the last couple of days. Everyone is so down lately. Can we not liven this up even a little?

What's the most romantic thing your man has done for you, and/or what have you done for him?

Outside of your FI who can you not live without?

Also I have made a couple of pitchers of magaritas and would like to pass a drink to everyone :). So have a drink and post!
When is my wedding

Re: Rainbows n Kittehs

• Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF sent me flowers yesterday for my birthday.  That's the most recent, I can't think of the most romantic ever.
    I'm grasping straws here, I think we're both romantic, but my mind is blank.

Besides my BF, I couldn't live without my family.  I can't pick one, it doesn't feel right.

I"m no fun.  But I will have a margarita with you in spirit.  Cheers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today we're celebrating 2 years together!  It was a Saturday night exactly 2 years ago when my BF (who was then just a friend) blew off a blind date to stay in and play Monopoly with me.  He won rather easily, and we got in a pillow fight.  We both knew where it was heading, but kept avoiding it.  Finally he went in for a kiss, and I ducked and said, "There's 95 reasons we should just be friends."  He said, "Name them."  I got to 3 (rather poor) reasons before I said, "Screw it" and kissed him!  We've been together ever since.

He's not big on crazy displays of romance, but he's always been incredibly sweet, loving, affectionate, and caring.  Like when I lost my job, and he flew up to pack up my stuff and move me down to Florida.  He knew I was a little uneasy about driving the UHaul, so he drove it the whole 17 hours.

The person I can't live without is my brother.  We have been best friends since childhood, and though we are rather different people, we get along incredibly well.  I talk to him on the phone about once a week, and his girlfriend is a total gem and now one of my good friends.  I hope he stays with her, because the 4 of us (me and BF, my brother and his GF) get along so incredibly well and I can see us all taking vacations together!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not huge, but it just came to my mind....a couple of weeks before our two year anniversary FI mentioned to me that he had made a list of things he loves about me one time while he was out on the road. I was immediately like, "did you keep it??" Of course he hadn't and I was kind a bummed. So when our anniversary came around on the 4th of July we had some friends over for a campfire. We don't give gifts for anniversaries, so I was surprised when he got me some roses. Then he told me had had recreated the list that he wrote! So he gave me the top 10 reasons why he loved me. And the number 1 reason was that he knew I was "the one and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me." So yeah, I loved it :-)
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *happily accepts a margarita*

Good thread, Coastie!

BF does little things all the time -- leaves notes for me to find, buys a pack of cookies and leaves them on the bed, etc.  Once when he picked me up from the airport, he brought flowers (cool), donuts (amazing), and my dog, who he had bathed and groomed and who he knew I was anxious to see.

Person I can't live without?  Actually, I don't think I have one, even including BF.  I have a lot of people in my life that I really love and would be devastated to lose, but I'm independent (sometimes to a fault) and could deal.
  • Options
    Starlight KelStarlight Kel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh good topic! :-) 

My BF has never really done any big, over the top romantic thing but he is very loving and does cute little romantic things.  We like going to the beach at night and one night he wrote I LOVE YOU in the sand, I loved it.  He does lots of sweet things but thats what stands out right now.

Person I can't live without- I can't pick just one.  I would lose it if I lost my niece or nephews, sisters, mom, dad, BFFs or my aunt.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn rainbows and kittehs...always cloggin' up the board....

FBD isn't really a romantic but sometimes he'll just send me a text or an e-mail to let me know he's thinking of me.  In fact one day I forgot to log off my e-mail (on his computer) and he sent me an e-mail (from my own e-mail address).  Subject was: What do I want for dinner? and it said:
    "Maybe my finance will buy me dinner......hmmm, what would he buy me.....hmm, i guess i didn't log out of Dan's laptop. anyway Dan loves me!"

I thought it was cute.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **Yay margaritas!**

He's done quite a few romantic things, but I couldn't decide between these two.

For our 5 year anniversary, he planned a trip up the California coast to Paso Robles to go wine tasting. He didn't tell me about it until the morning we left when he came home driving a Mustang convertible. He rented it for the week and we drove up the coast with the top down. We stayed in hotels that overlooked the ocean and could hear the waves at night. We also saw Hearst Castle and spent a few wonderful days in Paso Robles wine tasting and dreaming of owning horse property there where we'd run a breeding/training center. I'd breed the horses and he'd break them.

The other thing he did that pops in to my mind is when I was living 2 hours away from him, he drove to my house one evening and spent the night, just to leave early the next morning so he could make it to work. He surprised me when he showed up on my front steps. He did it because he missed me.

Mmm, I couldn't live without my family. My sister is one of my best friends as is my mom and I get the best unbiased advice from my dad and my bro. So, there's no way I could live without any of them!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say most romantic was FI waiting until Christmastime to propose. I know he wanted to do it earlier (which I wouldn't have minded), but he waited until Christmastime because he knew how much I love the holidays.

It's damn near impossible to pick one, but (off the top of my head) I can't live without my "sister"/cousin/BFF or my two younger cousins - they're a huge part of my life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always blank when survey questions are asked. lol The most recent romantic thing I can remember is BF waking me up with roses on Sweetest Day. It was extra super special because it was our first morning waking up in the house. :)

Besides BF, I'd have to say my four closest friends. I went this summer without seeing them most weeks and I did not enjoy it one bit.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never even heard of Sweetest Day, I feel like this needs to be addressed lol.

FI isn't really the romantic type, but does do a lot of different little things that make me go awww. Him taking care of me when I was sick was so sweet, all the little things I mean so much to me.

Outside of my family of whom I love dearly, My BFF and her son (my Godson) is the 2 I couldn't live without. We have been friends for years and I can tell her anything and everything.
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF is romantic occasionally...but I love it that he's not romantic all the time, because those occasional moments are the best ever.

Sometimes he will send me extra sweet text messages or call me super early in the morning (I love when he does that, because he is so sweet in the middle of the night).  He comes to see me almost ever opportunity he has...um, my BF is just a really sweet guy! 

I couldn't live without my sisters.
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rainbows-n-kittehs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78457b6c-1898-4cfc-aa2a-9da46820642cPost:9d9df98d-4b52-4ff1-aa48-8520ea9e170e">Re: Rainbows n Kittehs</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have never even heard of Sweetest Day, I feel like this needs to be addressed lol. </strong>FI isn't really the romantic type, but does do a lot of different little things that make me go awww. Him taking care of me when I was sick was so sweet, all the little things I mean so much to me. Outside of my family of whom I love dearly, My BFF and her son (my Godson) is the 2 I couldn't live without. We have been friends for years and I can tell her anything and everything.
    Posted by coastiegrl25[/QUOTE]

<div>It's another one of those Hallmark holidays. Apparently it's more of a regional thing. It was a big deal at my HS. People would order "carnations grams" for their BFs/GFs.</div><div>
    </div><div><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.sweetestday.com/">http://www.sweetestday.com/</a></div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, margaritas. BF always sends me little texts throughout the day to let me know he's thinking of me, how much he loves and misses me. He constantly tells me how he wants to treat me like a queen. He gives me back and foot rubs without me having to ask for them, and always gives me his pickles when we go out to eat (I love love love pickles). These are just off the top of my head things.

I couldn't live without family. Yes, that's more than one person, but oh well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The most romantic thing I can think of right now would be the day I started my new job.  BF usually sleeps in about an hour and a half later than me but he set his alarm early so he could call me and wish me luck before I went into work.
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1 - I <3 margaritas.  Can this be like a REAL margarita?  Oh yea, I have to work in 2.5 hrs.  Maybe later.

2 - My boyfriend used to be way more romantic (now he's sick of me)  No, he's still really romantic.  Way more than I am.  I most like when he leaves me random "I love you" notes or "I really had fun doing this..." notes.  He left them all around my apartment (and even left an Easter basket from the Easter bunny once) when we were long distance and he'd go home :)

3 - My family is huge, so I can't choose just one.  Especially because some days I get along better with sister A instead of sister B, or vice versa :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When boyfriend and I very first started dating I got a good night text & a good morning text every day. Even still today if we don't stay at each other's place I get a good night and a good morning text. If we stay at each other's place whoever wakes up first gives the other one a kiss and says good morning. It is almost like I couldn't fall asleep without that.

I could not live without my sister. Being three and a half hours away for college is killing me inside. If I get engaged and start planning a wedding while in Tahlequah and her in OKC I will be in the city wayyyyy too much.

Ohhhh and I love margaritas, had some Saturday night after the dissapointing OU game. It took away all of my upset feelings...real quick : )

"City girl meets country boy. She falls in love immediately. Before you know it her whole world has changed."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found out my BF kept all of our notes from high school and he kept them in a binder! I had no idea and I just thought it was the sweetest thing. We probably haven't written each other a love letter in 3 years, but it was just so cute that he kept those notes and organized them (he is very unorganized in general).

I couldn't live without my mom...

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could have a drink now... on my half hour break between my real job and my pay-the-car-loan-job. Sucks. 

Anyway, I can never think of the cute, romantic things when I have to, but he did send a really cute text the other day. I was having one of the days- the type where you literally think "there's no way that could happen" before you spill scalding coffee on a report that is already late and the printer is down. I was about to have a break down and run screaming from the office when I got a text that read "I love you even more when you have a bad day, because I know how strong you are." Mushy, I know, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. Love him :)

I wouldn't want to live without my family and friends. Can't narrow it down much more than that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll take a glass of Margarrrita thank you! Smile

FI did the sweetest thing last night (and he's not usually the uber-romantic type either). He calls me up before he went to sleep & he says "I just finished watching the movie "Up" and It reminded me of you. I want to be that old couple that loves each other from the moment they met till the moment they die. I love you sweetie and sweet dreams." My heart all but melted. Sigh. I love this man.

I wouldn't be able to live without my FI, friends or family (especially mom).  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BF and I are long distance (4 hr drive) and last Christmas I showed up on his doorstep a day earlier than I told him I was going to. In August, he was coming to visit me for a while before he left the country for a few months, and he showed up on my doorstep a day earlier than he told me he was going to :)

I don't think I could live without my mom.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the most romantic thing your man has done for you, and/or what have you done for him? 

I think my proposal was hands down the most romantic moment of my life.  FI took me to Boothbay Harbor, Maine for the weekend and proposed on a sailboat at sunset.  It was such a sweet, romantic proposal.

I do little romantic things for FI.  I will leave him little notes in his pocket/wallet.  I cuddle up to him in the morning before I get out of bed.  I'll get all prettied up just because.  If I see something in a store that'll make him smile, I'll get it.  Things like that.

Outside of your FI who can you not live without? I could not live without my best friend Valerie.  We've been friends since the 2nd grade.  The Little Rascals were right when they said "You only meet your once in a lifetime friend once in a lifetime."  Also, my brother.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most romantic?  The fact that he remembers everything.  :)   He remembers the date we started talking (October 18, 2009), which we both count as when we started dating because we had our first date 3 days later, and have been together and spoken every single day since then.. literally.  Well, I had a major court/custody thing coming up the weekend of our "anniversary"..  and he flew my mom into town to be with me for it, for emotional support.  Then, since we'd not be able to have a romantic anniversary weekend, he did one a couple weeks before.. 

He took me to an amazing restaurant, rated one of the most romantic in the state, and featured in bridal magazines and dining magazines nation-wide.. It was very romantic.. they had us right by the fireplace, great food, great ambience, great wine, etc.  Then, when we got home, I was getting on the computer, and saw where he'd made the reservation online with a note to "please seat in a romantic location".  :)

I love it.  I love him.  He is extremely thoughtful.  :)
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Writing a song for me was the most romantic thing he has done.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh fun thread :)

FI is not much of a mushy romantic, but has always been very loving and affectionate and has always found his own ways to be romantic. Like when the service at one of our favorite restaurants started going downhill and we stopped going, he learned to make my favorite dish from the restaurant so I could have it at home :)  That's one of the romantic things that's always stuck out in my mind. Other than that the most obvious example was the weekend he proposed a few weeks ago. The house with the fireplace he rented was so cozy, and I loved being right on the lake. He made sure he rented a place that had great sunset views so we could drink wine and watch the sunset by the bonfire. I can't think of anything more romantic :)

The most romantic thing I've done for him? Before we moved in together, every Valentine's day I would sneak over to his house super early in the morning and leave some baked treats on his doorstep :)

Hmm who besides FI couldn't I live without... definitely my family, and my kitty! Can't imagine life without the kitty hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll start with who I can't live without - that would definitely be my mom - she's going to have to live forever, 'cause I just can't imagine her not being around.

As for my FI being romantic - well, his proposal was definitely the most romantic thing he's done.  He does lots of little things that I consider romantic. 

He likes to brag about me.  At first I would get embarrassed, but now I realize it's just because he's proud of me and wants everyone to know it and I think it's really sweet. 

When I was working, he got to my house before I got home from work once and I came home to find all the dishes washed (by hand) - it just made my day.

I write him little notes on occasion (not very often, don't want to away how special they are) and just discovered he keeps those notes in his wallet (gives me an idea for Christmas - he needs a new wallet, so I think I'll stick a note and a picture of me in a new wallet for his gift).

A couple weeks ago I was having a really bad day - I woke up late and everything was going wrong that day, etc.  He showed up at my house later that day with one single red rose.  He just wanted to brighten my day and it worked.

One of the most romantic things he has done, though was this year's Valentine's Day gift...he gave me a necklace that belonged to his mom (she passed away about 8 years ago) - it was one she wore all the time.  I couldn't stop the waterworks that day.  I don't wear the necklace everyday, but I try to wear it to church and intend to wear it to our rehearsal (since I'm wearing my grandmother's necklace for the wedding).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards