Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Cards and Pockets Question

Hello everyone.
I need help!  I'm wanting to order my invites to DIY through cardsandpockets.  I ordered the printer test kit and my printer will not work with the cardstock.  I went to Office Depot to see what they could do.  The paper has to be a certain size, so ordering the pre cut invites is out.  How did everyone do this? Is there any tips you could offer?

Thanks!

Re: Cards and Pockets Question

• Options
    I ordered full sheet cardstock from them, and my printer didn't work well with the white.  Fine with the yellow, not the white.  Anyway - I had it printed at OfficeMax on the stuff I bought from C&P.  75 invites worth.  Included a double sided sheet that was color on one side & B&W on the other, and a single sided sheet with color.  All together, $50 for printing.  I cut them myself at home.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I had the same paper issue with my printer. I took the pre-cut invite to Staples and they quoted me .09 cents per B&W copy on my own paper (4.5x 6.5). They can also print on the 3.5 x 6 pre-cut inserts C&P sells. No cutting required! :)
  • Options
    I also bought full sheet cardstock, because I needed to print to the edge and am in process of cutting everything down to size.  My printer gave me some problems with smudging, so I had to print only half the page, then turn it around to print the other half.  Very quirky, but I was glad to have found a workaround, even if it meant feeding the printer twice as much (I printed one at a time to be sure everything went well).

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you everyone for you help.
    You given me some hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards