South Carolina

I need Ceremony help - regarding Glassy Mountain Chapel

Hi,
I'm moving to Greenville, SC on June 1 with my fiance.  We're looking into having our ceremony at Glassy Mountain Chapel.  I LOVE it!! (Based on the pics I've seen online - never been there before.)  I have emailed them twice to ask about availability, etc...but have not heard back.  Does anyone know of a good way to reach them - maybe a phone number?
With that said, I will be brand new to SC and welcome any and all ideas for ceremony/reception sites!  I'll have ~ 50 guests and like nice but cozy places :)
Thanks!
Emily

Re: I need Ceremony help - regarding Glassy Mountain Chapel

• There is a woman on facebook named the wedding woman - she is an officiant andIknow she marries people at that chapel often Look her up and see if she can help you.

Pretty Place is also a great ceremony location. Just make sure you have an experienced photographer :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for your reply!  Kim Campbell from the Chapel did reply to me and has been extremely kind, responsive and informative...she's great.  Now, we're just working on narrowing down the date - so excited!  Thanks again :)
    Do you have any ideas for a cozy restaurant setting for a reception for ~40-50 guests in the Greenville/Upstate area?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_i-need-ceremony-help-regarding-glassy-mountain-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:c00394d7-a980-4f36-a546-57819c228e8aPost:bd745ee8-fc6b-446d-8ee5-e9ff2aedba16">Re: I need Ceremony help - regarding Glassy Mountain Chapel</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a woman on facebook named the wedding woman - she is an officiant andIknow she marries people at that chapel often Look her up and see if she can help you. Pretty Place is also a great ceremony location. Just make sure you have an experienced photographer :)
    Posted by mfording[/QUOTE]
  • Hi Emily, 
    I am in the same boat as you- moving to Greenville in August and found the Glassy Mountain Chapel online.  My only hesitation is reception venue and travel time back to Greenville.  What have you been thinking in terms of reception- near the chapel or back in Greenville?  Are you going to ask guests to drive to the venue (guess it depends on what hotel you find and where) or are you thinking about getting some sort of transportation service?  I love everything about the chapel, but was curious what I might do as most of my guests will be from out of town.  
    Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Hey Girls,

I'm hoping that you both find SC warm and welcoming.  The glassy chapel is lovely and a great choice for a breathtaking view.  If you're still considering a reception venue, please check out Augusta Manor at www.AugustaManor.org. The "wedding woman" on facebook is a great gal named Brenda Owens.  She does a wonderful job at officiating weddings in the Upstate. 

Good luck with your move & your wedding!

Shay Morgan
  • The weddings at the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown (http://www.marriottcourtyardgreeenville.com/) are beautiful. It is an outside location under a tent that look so beautiful and romantic. There is some pics in their website of other events. When we wnet to the wedding, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown that was also very nice and walking distance to the event.
  • I am also getting married at Glassy Mountain Chapel in June. My fiance and I are from the area and are having our reception at Lenora's legacy, it is about 15 minutes away from the Chapel (going to Greenville or downtown will take you about 45 minutes). Glassy Mountain also has a country club available (it isn't big enough for our 250 guest reception, but it would be nice for a smaller wedding!)

http://www.lenoraslegacy.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards