Michigan-Detroit
Options

orchard wedding, being planned from out of state, can you help?

Hi,
We are loking to do a wedding at an orchard in Michigan, NW Indiana, N. IL.  We are planning on less than 50 guests.  I love the idea of cider donuts, a hay ride for guests and some fun activities with some good food.  
We do have such a small group and a goal to do this on a budget.  Any suggested venues?
I have been a little worried about gazebos in case it rains so the ground isnt wet.
I am looking from Boston, where I live, with a Fiance in California and our families in the midwest....so we are tying to look from the internet and checking with friends as best we can.
Katherine

Re: orchard wedding, being planned from out of state, can you help?

• Options
    goodnitestarsgoodnitestars member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!  I am hoping for somewhere we can hold the reception, with walls in case it rains and maybe let me know if they have a bathroom.

I know that's super weird, but we looked at a place that friends love and is 100 plus a plate.

Port-a-potties!  Sounds funny but I know it's tough to go to the bathroom in a wedding dress.  I can't image a port a pottie.

Thank you sooooo much!  Let me know how you like it and if you see those 2 things.

-Katherine
  • Options
    goodnitestarsgoodnitestars member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You rock!  I just sent in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Look into Alber's Orchard in Manchester, MI. They have the BEST cider EVER and have done weddings on site before. They have a gazebo and can facilitate the hayrides, etc. If you'd like me to collect any information, please let me know. The owners are Mike and Terese Bossory and are wonderful people to work with :) GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards