March 2012 Weddings

WFD?

What's everyone cooking for dinner tonight?

FI and I are both trying to eat healthier and drop a few more lbs before the wedding... ladies, he's lost 22 lbs... I have lost 4.  so sad.
Lately I'm struggling for inventive, low cal, low fat meals... so share what you're cooking!

Tonight we're having lemon chicken with brown rice and steamed broccoli... kind of an old favorite in our house.

Re: WFD?

• I may make my "grown up" grilled cheese.  I got it off pinterest and it's great and super simple.  I use 100% all natural wheat bread put a slice of mozzarella cheese, avocado slices, slice or two of tomato with a few pepperoni on it.  Put a little bit of butter and grill it!  Very good.  I usually pair it with a piece of fruit and some baked chips. 
  • Favorite around my house is chicken tacos.  I cheat & use the canned chicken packed in water & load up on the lettuce, tomatoes & salsa with just a little bit of cheese.  Tastes great & better for you than the hamburger version! 
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_wfd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:673b8760-25ba-4fc4-82c3-739b9877e9c6Post:c9a9a311-580b-42c2-ac06-9ec570491744">Re: WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite around my house is chicken tacos.  I cheat & use the canned chicken packed in water & load up on the lettuce, tomatoes & salsa with just a little bit of cheese.  Tastes great & better for you than the hamburger version! 
    Posted by firechick83[/QUOTE]

Another "taco" type meal that I like that is super figure friendly is turkey taco salad. Lots of romaine lettuce, browned ground turkey w taco seasoning (about a 1/2 to 3/4 cup per salad) salsa (fat free!), light sour cream and reduced fat shredded cheese.  You can also add other veggies too...like corn or peppers! No dressing needed since the sour cream and salsa act as a dressing :)  

Also, check out Cookinglight.com.  I get their magazine and love the recipes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having Grilled Shrimp Salads...and the boys are eating tacos....Kids won't eat anything green...LOL....
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tonight is not a healthy night at our house, we are going to have breakfast. Which includes, sausage, maple bacon (that's for him I don't like bacon) gravy, biscuits and maybe some fried potatoes.

But tomorrow will be baked chicken so that will be better for us at least.
    imageAnniversary
  • Simple dinner tonight, chicken tortilla soup and maybe a salad.

Love these threads btw! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chicken and rice sounds good! I think you inspired me for my dinner tonight!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You ladies cook such gourmet meals! Don't tell my FI lol!

We're having homemade subs inspired by Pizza King. Long buns (like for italian beef) with tomato paste, ham (lunch meat) and shredded mozzarella cheese.

I just throw it in the oven and melt the cheese.

Probably not very healthy, but its yummy!
  • Umm....we had pizza.

I worked out really hard, though, so I'm hoping that helps!!

Tomorrow we're going to do blackened chicken and potatoes. Smile
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards