New Hampshire

Please reccomend your DJ...still looking

Hello All,
We are still looking for a DJ and would like to hear who you all booked and why?

Thanks in advance!

Jules

Re: Please reccomend your DJ...still looking

• edited December 2011

We are using DJ Dave Lynch, I hear he is fantastic, I booked based on all the great reviews he got on this board from other NH knotties! I can't wait.

• Gary599Gary599 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The two best DJ compaines in the NH area are Curtis Knight Entertainment and Get Down Tonight Entertainment.

Both compaines have a long long list of happly couples, and both have a very great REP.

Hiring either company you can't go wrong.
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're using Scott Langlois from Cuzin Richie Entertainment. <3 him!
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Billy from Main Event.

One of my BMs used ain Event for her wedding and had great things to say, so I contacted them and they sent me a DVD of all of their DJs so we could see which one we thought would work for us.  Billy seemed really high energy and fun, so we decided to go with him.  We met him in person and he is great! He's also very easy to get in touch with and is fast to answer questions.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Tim Patoine from A Good Time DJs is who we're going with.  He was recommended by our venue, and I've seen him at a wedding and a few other non-wedding events before, so I know he'll be professional and fun!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Tony Capella from A Good Time DJs. I saw him DJ a wedding 10 years ago, most fun wedding I have attended to this day. He is really fun, high energy.  I also have a family member that previously worked with Tony and highly recommended him.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_please-reccomend-djstill-looking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:d48e4b6c-b314-4bd9-817a-cf020cb90280Post:ca8cad17-a30d-4e4f-81b7-2d3b4516925b">Re: Please reccomend your DJ...still looking</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using DJ Dave Lynch, I hear he is fantastic, I booked based on all the great reviews he got on this board from other NH knotties! I can't wait.
    Posted by ameliaok[/QUOTE]

I also booked Dave simply because of his reviews here from others. He seems like a great guy and I always like to use people who own their business instead of a big company.
  • ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Peter Anania from Dancing Machine Co. and Peter was the one we finally decided to go with. His price was the best I could find, and he's doing both ceremony and reception. He has been great to work with so far. He sold me when I asked him if he was comfortable keeping the event on track time wise, or if I would need to make sure we stayed on schedule (since we don't have a full time day of coordinator) he told me that he really is comfortable taking control of the event. He said he didn't want me to have to worry about it at all. Just his reassurance and confidence that he knew what he was doing, and was comfortable made me feel so comfortable in return. I can't wait for our event!

http://www.dancingmachineco.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Dave Lynch. From the reviews and meeting with him, I'm confident that he'll be a great fit for the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kibar from Main Event. I've heard nothing but good things about him and he is super nice and very energetic.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ideally I'm using Josh Field from ECF Entertainment.  He's actually a good friend of mine, so I fully admit I'm biased, but they have some fantastic reviews out there.  I am still waiting to hear back from him with a quote (I just gave him the information he needed on Saturday).  If Josh doesn't work out, I'll likely book someone from Get Down Tonight through my venue.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    If its in your budget NuImage out of Boston is AMAZING!  I've been to 3 weddings with 2 different DJ's and there wasn't anyone sitting.  I booked Sean.  Peter is the owner is better but more money.  And Guy is also very good.

Also, RaMu and the Crew out of RI travels pretty much anywhere.  They include a TON!  And are very affordable.  Much lower than NuImage when I was looking.
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Drew Rissler from Get Down Tonight Entertainment (Salem).  We met him and several of the other DJ's from his agency at a bridal show last spring.  They are all very good--but Drew was a little less expensive, (<$1k) and super nice, so we decided to go with him.  Also, our photographer said he saw him DJ/MC at some of the other weddings that he had done and said Drew did a great job.  Here's his promotional video clip: http://www.getdowntonight.com/video/rissler.html
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
  • JuJuBee1977JuJuBee1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    WOW! thank you ladies....I plan to contact Dave Lynch first.

Is Guy, of Nuimage bald?....If so i think I met him at a wedding expo last year, I cannot remember.....LOL!

My budget is around 1300 or so...it seems to get smaller and smaller and i think Nuimage is way out of my range, though i know they are good.

I plan to also contact Main Event.

THANKS LADIES!

Jules
  • edited December 2011
    We used Dave Lynch and it was amazing! (Full review in my bio) And he is def in your price range...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Tom Bruhl, he is out of MA but will travel anywhere in New England. He is doing the ceremony music/cocktail hour/and reception. He plays flute, guitar and saxophone as well as DJ's. For 6 hours he was under $1300. I think I may have gotten an "off season" rate.

http://www.tombruhl.com

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Ramu and the Crew and I'm so excited that we found him!  He's actually right in your price range.  We booked him last year for $1300 for 5 hrs and that includes uplighting and a few other extra things, which for any other DJ is unheard of.  He's even started offering photobooths at WAY better prices than what I've seen.  He's awesome, def check him out!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Debbie111111Debbie111111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Lori D, also.  I've seen her at a friends wedding and she was awesome!  Kept everything moving quickly, played great music and she was fun and funny - but not too much if you know what i mean!!  And she works at WHEB, too which my FI thinks it the bomb... and yes, I did make sure that she's got a huge selection of music other than all that hard rock!
  • laurlie05laurlie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know how much Dave Lynch is???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards