November 2013 Weddings

Have your cake and eat it too!

Lemme first say....I just can't believe november is almost 7 months away! AHHH!!!!!!!!!

*takes a breath* Okay, I'm calm for now ;)

Have you guys found someone to make your cake yet?? I am still looking but FI and I were talking about having the cake be part of our movie theme wedding, and I couldn't help but see this!

have you guys thought about your cake?? Share!!!
imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Have your cake and eat it too!

• my venue has a bakery in in so they are doing my cate... I cant wait to go cake tasting :-) I want to do something funky but triditional at the same time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing our cake tasting the last week of May!!! We haven't actually talked about what we will want to do. FI's sisters have offered to pay for it so we will be getting their input as well :) I like round, classic cakes.

I didn't think I wanted fresh flowers but all the pictures I've pinned appear to have fresh flowers everywhere... so. Maybe I need to rethink that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We just went for our cake tasting on Thursday night and we were so happy with the yummy cake and her beautiful designs that we basically booked her on the spot. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our cake tastings are next month. We have a choice of two bakeries, because the cake comes with our venue package. We know how we want it decorated, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We both dislike wedding cake so we're doing a dessert bar and our venue is doing this for us.  The more they can do things for us the happier I am... I'm lazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • I found out an old friend from high school works at a local bakery. It turns out the bakery has competed, and won!, on numerous food network challenges so we felt goo meeting them. She's giving me a great price on the wedding cake and FI's groom's cake plus the flavors are fantastic!
  • Ah! I haven't even scheduled a cake tasting! when are those supposed to be done? What's the norm?
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:f6ada997-5a52-4b4a-90ab-21782cf8e6d7Post:2f201fdc-f0b6-4621-bec2-f7d38e844f6d">Re: Have your cake and eat it too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah! I haven't even scheduled a cake tasting! when are those supposed to be done? What's the norm?
    Posted by princesscastillo325[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure what the "norm" is but I'd imagine it's something you could do later rather than sooner - I mean, bakers can do more that one wedding in a weekend, right? (Whereas photographers have to BE there the whole time so you have to lock that down early?)</div><div>
    </div><div>I think it also depends on how many options you have in your area...</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We found a cute licensed bakery that is just working to open their store front. She is making this beauty for us in vanilla with lemon custard and raspberry filling. Can't wait to eat it!

• We haven't made any cake appointments yet but we are pretty sure we know who we would like our baker to be. I will probably set up a meeting with her in May since April is crazy right now. We thought about doing a top tier and then cupcakes since our guest list is around 180 but now we are going back to a traditional 4 tier wedding cake.
  • Our cake is also included with our Venue Package. I have yet to call them and setup an appointment. I'm not a HUGE cake fan but FI is. As long as I get at least 1 tier of Carrot Cake, I'll be just fine!
    V|V TSP V|V Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've already done our cake tasting and picked out the design.  Right now we're gettting three tiers, but we might end up gettting four if we can invite more people.  Each tier will be a different flavor. The bottom tier will be French Vanilla, the middle tier Chocolate, and the top tier Almond Orange (sounds funky, but it's DELICIOUS!).  We opted not to get any fillings.

Here's the design inspiration:

We're keeping the fondant ribbon plus picot dots design, but without the flowers and monogram, plus we're getting the whole cake in fondant instead of buttercream (I actually like the taste of fondant and it's really good with our baker's buttercream layered under it).  The colors will be pink and blue (see paints chips below).  Each tier will alternated: blue ribbon plus pink dot, then pink ribbon plus blue dots, etc.  That way there's equal amounts blue and pink.

His blue (maybe a little bit darker):

My pink (a little brighter, but this was the closest I could find online):
    Anniversary
  • We have our choice of three bakeries included in our venue package.  Even though I am pretty confident I know which one we are going to choose, we will go for tastings just because we can.  One of them is Carlos' Bakery in Hoboken (the Cake Boss guy), so we will go for the fun, but we have no interest in using him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards