Wedding Etiquette Forum

you know who I hate?

born-again christians. oh great, so you got to be an diick your whole life, but because you've suddenly been ass-fucked by jesus, you've suddenly got the right to judge other people. that makes sense. especially when they judge people who have never screwed anyone over, never stolen, and has been generally a good person. I think "born-again christians" and "hypocritical douche bags" are synonymous terms.

anyways. you go?

Re: you know who I hate?

• I think it is obvious who I hate.

(in case it isn't... I hate michael vick)
  • Lala, you summed it up so beautifully, I don't think I can add anything.
  • I hate people who drive mini-vans.  I really do.  I hate they way they drive.  I hate the way mini-vans look.  I hate the bumper stickers on the back of mini-vans informing me of your "scholar" or "honor roll student" - I don't give a fuuck.  I especially hate it if you have a fish on your car.  Mini-vans and their drivers go away.
  • Rich people who aren't generous. I suppose not tipping, or sending a wedding gift, or refusing to buy paper towels for your kids classroom is a bummer no matter what your financial status... but why does it seem like rich people do these kids of things even more often??
  • I hate people that don't know how to drive in the winter. 

I hate people who take up two parking spaces on the street because they don't pull up far enough.  Hey douche, another car COULD have fit behind you, but don't worry, now no one will be close enough to your 20 year old Grand Am to damage it.  THANK GOD.
  • People who think they know everything about everything, but really they know nothing about anything.
  • I don't think it's fair to generalize all born-again Christians that way.  They are not all like that, trust me.  It seems like this group is one of the only groups that it's okay to talk bad about.  If you had substituted "Muslims" or "Jews" for "born-again Christians," you would have gotten jumped on.  I consider myself a born-again Christian, and I don't judge anyone.  Flame away. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:2cbfbb09-7cae-4edc-be41-aafcb34cc833">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's fair to generalize all born-again Christians that way.  They are not all like that, trust me.  It seems like this group is one of the only groups that it's okay to talk bad about.  If you had substituted "Muslims" or "Jews" for "born-again Christians," you would have gotten jumped on.  I consider myself a born-again Christian, and I don't judge anyone.  Flame away. 
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]

you don't judge but you're judging my opinion. mmmkay.
  • I think to be fair, we're talking in general terms about everyone or everything we hate - I hope no one feels targeted.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:9a83ada3-0220-4dd1-968d-78e3c577e20b">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: you know who I hate? : you don't judge but you're judging my opinion. mmmkay.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]
    Well, you basically said you hated me, so you're right, I do judge that. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:d800678c-829d-4a10-95a7-b6cb1c4b440a">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I hate people who take up two parking spaces on the street because they don't pull up far enough.  Hey douche, another car COULD have fit behind you, but don't worry, now no one will be close enough to your 20 year old Grand Am to damage it.  THANK GOD.
    Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

You have just described my next door neighbors to a T. Never mind that they have a driveway. Never mind that they have three cars to our one. They take up multiple spaces PER CAR, in front of our apartment, since they fill the spaces in front of theirs too quickly. Douches.
  • Wow, I think it's crash and burn Friday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:e054e12a-527b-4c38-b48f-88455e0859dc">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think to be fair, we're talking in general terms about everyone or everything we hate - I hope no one feels targeted.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

'cept me - I name names. Well, I named a name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:f2123cb9-041e-4af6-a75d-d0cbeaa5bb83">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: you know who I hate? : Well, you basically said you hated me, so you're right, I do judge that. 
    yeah, cause I absolutely had you, who I barely recognize, in mind when I made this post. but it's okay, I'm sure one day I'll find jesus and he'll forgive me.
  • btw, I figured someone would be offended by this post. I just don't care. I'm care-less. devoid of care.
  • I hate the guy at my office that can't look above my collar bone.  Yes, they're boobs.  They're nice, and you can't touch them, and I wish so f'ing badly that you wouldn't look at them.

I, too, hate self-righteous born again christians (the ones that stick it in your freaking face) and minivan drivers. Therefore, a born again christian minivan driver would be the worst.
  • The special needs instructor at our school.

She constantly puts down teachers that she feels "don't care enough," gives her students teachers' editions of textbooks, and sells her students short. It's sad.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • although, in the interest of me being bored, why don't you tell me about how you became born again?
  • Coco, while you may subscribe to that religion, if you admit you are not like the people Lala described, then what's the BFD?  You're not one so move on.  Unless you think that people like that are justified in being douches...
  • Lala, look behind the couch.  Sometimes Jesus is in the last place you look.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:a09d721d-eeba-40c2-a825-a85e5fcb113d">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: you know who I hate? : yeah, cause I absolutely had you, who I barely recognize, in mind when I made this post. but it's okay, I'm sure one day I'll find jesus and he'll forgive me.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]
    I know you didn't specifically mean me.  It's just frustrating because I know a lot of people hate born-again Christians because they've had a bad experience with a few crazy ones.  I KNOW there are some extremely judgmental Christians out there, and they piss me off too. 
  • i hate lala.  she makes me laugh so hard that i pee my pants sometimes.  next time i'm sending you my drycleaning bill.

i hate a lot of people this week, so i think i will say who i don't hate at this moment.

myself.
    my husband.
    my nephew.
    and some friends.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Lala, dude. You need to go here, apparently:
    http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/510JRNQD6DL._AA240_.jpg
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:d19c7370-0339-401e-9759-44944b3a03a2">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Coco, while you may subscribe to that religion, if you admit you are not like the people Lala described, then what's the BFD?  You're not one so move on.  Unless you think that people like that are justified in being douches...
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]
    OK, I'm moving on now.  :-)  Sorry, just got a little worked up.  And no, I don't think people like that are justified in being douches. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:19932a6a-6061-4142-9a43-21640ea74447Post:2d19ff21-0a1a-419c-afaa-6ef7807cb6db">Re: you know who I hate?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: you know who I hate? : I know you didn't specifically mean me.  It's just frustrating because I know a lot of people hate born-again Christians because they've had a bad experience with a few crazy ones.  I KNOW there are some extremely judgmental Christians out there, and they piss me off too. 

This is the way the world works.  That's typically how stereotypes form, how biases and prejudices form, etc.  It's not just for born-again Christians.  It's just the way things are.
  • I hate the people who send work emails with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and :) and "ummmm" written in the body.
  • I also don't know if I get the concept of a born-again christian. you're either a christian or you're not. born-again sounds like they were christian, but then died, turned into sperm, injected by a holy cross into a virgin, and burst onto the scene again.
    if you were a christian and lost your faith and became a chrsitian again (and now take it to the extreme), it somehow makes you better than someone like me, who's been christian her whole life? just call yourself christian and call it a day.
  • I hate the people who shop at costco and go bsc over some free samples, leave their cart in the middle of the aisle and/or walk infront of you and stop to get a sample. Its just a bite sized piece of free food people, get outta my fucking way.
  • lala - I always want to know what deep, dark secret born again christians have.  You know they did something awful and are trying to make up for it.

I start creating fun things they could have done and it makes the pain more bearable.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • this times 100! 

The only time I have EVER left cart and ran was when there was cheese cake square samples... and I think we all can agree that this was completely justified.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards