Rhode Island

Anyone use Blackstone Caterers?

I am in the process of getting proposals from various RI caterers (Russell Morin, Glorious Affairs, Pranzi, and Plantation) But, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Blackstone. I literally wrote out my entire menu if I were in an ideal situation and Blackstone gave me a proposal including exactly what I asked for. I've heard lots of great things about Morin and Pranzi but am very impressed with Blackstone's proposal. Anyone else use them? How was the food, and mostly, the presentation? 

Any advice/feedback on Blackstone is appreciated. 

Re: Anyone use Blackstone Caterers?

• Bananna298Bananna298 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am using them for our august wedding.  We are going to try to set up a tasting in the near future however whenver a vendor, local, etc ask who my caterer is tells me "i've made the best choice" when i respond.  The most recent vendor I talked to (crosstown press, cranston) has known them for 40+ years, used them for their own wedding and still gave rave reviews.  I found them very reasonable, in all consideration.  good luck
  • finnerkcfinnerkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Blackstone for my August wedding.  I'm working with Marybeth and couldn't be happier!  I had my tasting a few months ago and the food was AMAZING.   We were really impressed and booked them right away.

Also,  I have heard nothing but great reviews of them, and they are affiliated with numerous other great restaurants in Newport (like 22 Bowens, the Mooring, etc).  I highly recommend them!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using them for my July wedding and I am working with Karen and she has been wonderful.  I found them more creative than the other caterers and when i did the tasting they really pulled it off.  I know that they have a great reputation.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I went last week for our tasting.  It was the best "wedding food" I have ever had. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards