African American Weddings

How Did You Celebrate the Holidays Poll

Hello ladies!  I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. 
1.  What do you ladies celebrate, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, etc (if you don't mind sharing)? 
2.  Did you travel for the holidays?
3.  Did you exchange gifts with your family, if so, what did you get?
4.  Did you do any wedding related stuff during the holidays, if so what?
5.  What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
6.  What's your New Year's resolution?

1.  I celebrate Christmas (commercially) :)

2.  No, the FI and I stayed home.  My family is in Florida, so I definately couldn't afford to travel and FI had to work the day before and the day after Christmas, so we didn't spend Christmas with his family, either.  Although I truly missed my family we had a good time.  We cooked dinner together and just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.

3.  My grandma and dad sent me money, which was great!  I went shopping and bought some much needed clothes and shoes :).  My FI got me a HD radio and CD receiver for my car.  It plays MP3s directly from a flashdrive. 

4.  Unfortunately I did not get enough accomplished.  I had a week off, and I basically did nothing.  I obsessed over my guest list, and that's about it.  I need to get it together! 

5.  We have no plans for New Year's Eve.  We are broke.  We'll probably just rent movies on Netflix and sip some inexpensive bubbly.

6.  My New Year's Resolution is to just be healthier.  I plan to join a gym and workout more and try to eat healthier.

Re: How Did You Celebrate the Holidays Poll

• edited December 2011
    1.  What do you ladies celebrate, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, etc (if you don't mind sharing)?  
    -I celebrate Christmas

-No we didnt travel for the holidays. We just moved to TX in 
    October so traveling wasnt exactly in our budget. I did miss 
    my family this year because my fellow Texans went to Cali this year

-I havent exchanged gifts with anyone just yet because everyone is still in Cali but I did get some money from my brother and daddy.

-No wedding planning for me, got married on July 18th

-Me and the hubby plan on staying home for NYE. My brother and his wife are going to come over and we will probably play games, drink and eat.

-I dont really know what my New Years resolution will be just yet. I'm going to write down a few goals and go from there. One of them will be to start working out because I am out of shape! And this baby gut has to go!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What do you ladies celebrate, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, etc (if you don't mind sharing)?  CHRISTmas

2.  Did you travel for the holidays? Nope

3.  Did you exchange gifts with your family, if so, what did you get? Only with my FI - He got me a couple of books, a Dallas Cowboys jersey, and Band Hero!

4.  Did you do any wedding related stuff during the holidays, if so what? Christmas Eve - Finsihed assembling my invitations and finished by DIY haute bracelet!

5.  What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Going home and spending it with family since I didn't for Christmas - Also, my family is giving me a bridal shower on Jan 2.

6.  What's your New Year's resolution? I try not to make them because I always break them, but my overall goal is to spend more time with God and grow spiritually. A better relationship with God will help me with all the resolutions I would make.
  • edited December 2011
    I Celebrate Christmas
    Yes! Me and my honey went to Alabama to celebrate Christmas with my family!
    3.  Did you exchange gifts with your family, if so, what did you get? Yes, I got a Proposal and Ring, A new Camera, A lot of Victoria Secret scents, a shirt and two purses!
    4.  Did you do any wedding related stuff during the holidays, if so what? Got Engaged! Does that count! LOL! My honey pick out and tasted our Purple Sig drink!
    5.  What are your plans for New Year's Eve? My honey has to work Undecided So not much!
    6.  What's your New Year's resolution? To look hot for these upcoming engagement events! Meaning I got to lose some of this meat! LMAO!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_did-celebrate-holidays-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:966fbcbc-a329-4c5f-84eb-6751aaaf68e9Post:f235b8d1-905c-4408-9a66-9ce696b5929f">Re: How Did You Celebrate the Holidays Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  What do you ladies celebrate, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, etc (if you don't mind sharing)?  CHRISTmas 2.  Did you travel for the holidays? Nope 3.  Did you exchange gifts with your family, if so, what did you get? Only with my FI - He got me a couple of books, a Dallas Cowboys jersey, and Band Hero! 4.  Did you do any wedding related stuff during the holidays, if so what? Christmas Eve - Finsihed assembling my invitations and finished by DIY haute bracelet! 5.  What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Going home and spending it with family since I didn't for Christmas - Also, my family is giving me a bridal shower on Jan 2. 6.  What's your New Year's resolution? I try not to make them because I always break them, but my overall goal is to spend more time with God and grow spiritually. A better relationship with God will help me with all the resolutions I would make.
    Posted by kimandwillie[/QUOTE]

I love your Bracelet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What do you ladies celebrate, Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, etc (if you don't mind sharing)?  Christmas
    2.  Did you travel for the holidays? Yes...Bham, ATL
    3.  Did you exchange gifts with your family, if so, what did you get? Yes. Digital Cam, Vic Sec GC and money
    4.  Did you do any wedding related stuff during the holidays, if so what? None whatsoever. Will get back to ILW in Jan
    5.  What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Myrtle Beach
    6.  What's your New Year's resolution? Imma do me!
  • edited December 2011
    Christmas
    No, but FI and I spent equal time with both of our families. We even got to spend time with our families together on Christmas Eve. I just love how well they all get along : )
    Yes, we all exchanged gifts. FI and I split the cost for all the gifts, which was GREAT for our budget. We got clothes for each other (much needed) and money/gift cards from our families.
    Yes! We booked our honeymoon flights and hotel--to Aruba. I am  super excited!!
    We are going to church, and a gathering with friends after.
    To lose weight! I have already started getting in shape--I just need to keep losing the weight Laughing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@kimandwillie I love your bracelet.
    @mycicybride I love your News Year's Resolution

@christinapayne I'm so jealous of you, I want to go to Aruba, Have fun!

@Yas a purple sig drink, sounds intriguing, what's in it?

@nikki103.  I like the idea of setting goals for New Year's Resolutions because I think that makes it more obtainable.  I think I'm going to set some short term goals, and maybe they will be a bit more realistic, so that way, I won't feel so overwhelmed...and then build up to the long term goals.

• edited December 2011

They used the Rose Fusions from Wal-Mart (Pomagantee (sp?) and the Blue berry) and mixed it with volka. I haven't taste it yet but he said that it is good! LOL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards