Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Which reading should I go with??

My fiance and I are getting married THIS SATURDAY!!  Eeeek!  We've decided to go with a completely non-religious ceremony and we're not doing any unity candle lighting or anything like that - symbolism just isn't our style.  We've instead decided to read something to each other, in addition to the actual vows.  

Up until about yesterday, I was pretty set on reading Roy Croft's poem, "Love", but now I'm feeling a bit unsure about it.  I've been strongly considering reading music lyrics and two awesome songs I've been considering are "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel or "Make You Feel My Love" by Bob Dylan (or Garth Brooks or Adele or whomever - same lyrics essentially).  The Bob Dylan song makes me cry and think of my fiance every time I hear it, but the Billy Joel song is very representative of our relationship I think.  

I need opinions!  I don't want to ask my fiance or anyone else who'll be there because I'd really like our readings to each other to be a surprise.  What do you all think?  Any of these sound good/bad/ok or have you got any other suggestions?

I didn't want to cut and paste all of those lyrics here and the links aren't working from this garbage computer I'm on, but Google should find each of those very quickly!

Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback - I really do appreciate it!

Re: Which reading should I go with??

• I like both of the songs and what they're saying but the flow of reading them as opposed to singing them makes it seem a little odd. I loved the poem, I think you should stick with it personally but if the Bob Dylan song means that much to you go with it!
  • Try reading the songs outloud. Everytime I try to read a song, I end up singing it. It might be best if you go with the poem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards