Connecticut

Hotel Accommodations near Danbury, CT

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some reccomendations on the hotels in the Danbury Area. Ideally i would like to find a place that has a bar/lounge located in the hotel for guests to continue the party if they wish. Any reccomendations on places to check out or to avoid would be greatly appreciated. TIA

- Jen

Re: Hotel Accommodations near Danbury, CT

• edited December 2011
    I would avoid the Holiday Inn.  They have a bar, but it's kind of seedy.  We got our block of rooms across the street from there at the Marriott Courtyard.  They just remodelled the rooms within the past year, so everything is nice and new... no bar, but they have a restaurant setup for breakfast.  There is also the Hilton Garden Inn and Danbury Plaza Hotel (not sure if they have bars).  The only one that I know for sure that has a bar and restaurant is the Maron Hotel.... oh, actually The Ethan Allen has a restaurant too, so probably a bar.  All of those hotels are within an approx. 2-3 mile radius of the Danbury Fair Mall.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yea - I would definitely go check out all hotels before inquiring. A lot of them host students from WCSU because they don't have enough dorm rooms. Also, a lot of them are shady and have to lock their lobby down after 9 or 10pm. The Ethan Allen is obviously nice, and a few of the hotels right on the Bethel Danbury line.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Ethan Allen.  They blocked off 20 rooms for our guests at a discounted rate.  If 20 are booked we get a free King Suite or $90 off the bridal suite.  They have a restaurant and bar and they said they will keep the bar open if they know there is a block of rooms reserved for a wedding. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • edited December 2011
    FYI, Courtyard Marriott is giving us a free room if we have 10 rooms booked.... I would assume that's a standard discount.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked a block of room at the Danbury Plaza Hotel off exit 2. The rate is great ($89 a night) and if have over 10 rooms booked, FI & I get ours free. Also, this price included breakfast in the restaurant for everyone who stayed in a blocked off private area. This was the best deal I found in the area, and the people there are the nicest I spoke with also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards