Snarky Brides

Babies?

When is everyone wanting to start having babies after they get married?
Just curious. We think we are going to start trying after the honeymoon.
Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

Re: Babies?

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    NOOO!! :P

Im anti baby. I might reconsider in 3 years. We both dont want kids but we said we would rediscuss the idea in 3 years. Until then, no babies.
  • I have a child, she's 3, but FI and I are planning on working on number 2 around Christmas of 2011.

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    Ive had my child, and he is raised. It's party time now!
    Actually we consider the cat our child.

ETA: We are old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our agreement was that we wouldn't discuss babies until after our first anniversary. We want kids eventually, but we also want time for spontaneous kitchen floor sex.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • The pictures tidetravel posted had me thinking about it. haha I used to never think I wanted kids until about a year ago. I don't know what changed my mind.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • My FI is on a serious baby kick.  He wants to start trying about 15 mins after we say I Do.  I think he might be somewhat kidding. He told me he was going to get a more "family" type of car and came home with a Camaro...I'm hoping that will hold him off for an extra 6 months or so :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are planning to have children about 3 years from now.  We are young and want to enjoy being us for a while before having a baby. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29be87f7-043e-4cb6-9e55-9dd24ca954e8Post:208cd2cf-4be9-45fe-94ad-0a6493441414">Re: Babies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]NOOO!! :P Im anti baby. I might reconsider in 3 years. We both dont want kids but we said we would rediscuss the idea in 3 years. Until then, no babies.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Again we are meant to be. I think we should just start a commune or something.
  • Meg put it better so in other words, spontaneous kitchen floor sex
  • We both want kids, but not for a while (we're young), though we want to start before we're 30.  We'll figure it out as the years go by - there's no set timeline or discussion date.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29be87f7-043e-4cb6-9e55-9dd24ca954e8Post:69fa77d0-5046-494f-bc1c-572c6dfe76cb">Re: Babies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babies? : Again we are meant to be. I think we should just start a commune or something.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    We should be sisterwives, for sure.
  • I have a toddler, and baby number 2...maybe in 2011 or 2012.(We are getting married this year.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29be87f7-043e-4cb6-9e55-9dd24ca954e8Post:7eac6ad5-7524-4ec0-9c26-68261985d63d">Re: Babies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The pictures tidetravel posted had me thinking about it. haha I used to never think I wanted kids until about a year ago. I don't know what changed my mind.
    Posted by jedaniel[/QUOTE]
    Hormones :)

We would like to start trying for another baby sometime after Christmas, or the first half of 2011.  Hopefully, life evens out a little, which would make that more feasable.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes after kitchen floor sex, I think if we had a kid we could never do this. haha We've been together 7 years maybe we can slow down on the kitchen floor sex now.
  • We're not even gooing to consider trying until we've been married a year.
  • Our tentative plan is to relax the BC a bit and switch to NFP/TTA on our first anniversary, then start actually actively TTC on our second.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I'm only 23 and in no hurry to raise little babies.  If I have my way, it won't be for another 6 years or so.
  • NFP=natural family planning, charting, temping, etc
    TTA=trying to avoid

It's obviously less reliable than hormonal BC, but we're willing to accept an oops at that point.  Taking Charge of Your Fertility is on my summer reading list!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I like my kitchen floor sex. I also like our random date nights, and the ability to plan a vacation on 2 weeks notice without having to worry about things being taken care of (We also don't have pets right now).

I know we said we'd wait a year before discussing it, but it's been 5 months and I'm already thinking "Sh!t, I don't want to give this up ever!", lol. Well, he only just turned 26, and I'm 25, so we still have time.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • We've been trying since...6 months after the wedding. If Dh was not older we would probably have waited a few years after the wedding but the clock is kind of ticking.
  • Not having kids :)

• I'm ready now, but being visibly pregnant before the wedding could help me lose my job really fast, so we are waiting until the wedding. But after Nov 27, its on!

Im 31 and FI is 29. We are both about as ready as we are going to get. I haven't been on hormonal BC for almost a year for health reasons, so we have been TTA for that long. Its been pretty darn stressful for me, especially during those first 4 -5 months when my cycle was all over the place. After the wedding, I think we'll probably just go with the flow, not trying nor avoiding for about 6 months before we actually start trying in earnest.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I want to start right away, FI wants to wait a while.  He says he wants to have kids, but would rather wait a few years.  It's going to be a LONG few years.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29be87f7-043e-4cb6-9e55-9dd24ca954e8Post:cfcef8b0-cf63-4e53-921d-99a462f81fcc">Re: Babies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]NFP=natural family planning, charting, temping, etc TTA=trying to avoid It's obviously less reliable than hormonal BC, but we're willing to accept an oops at that point.  Taking Charge of Your Fertility is on my summer reading list!
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

This is me.
  • Got married in June, got pg on our first cycle trying in September.  I'm 31, dh is 29 and we didn't want to wait, only to find out there were fertility issues.

We're done for a bit...or so I say now.  I want to enjoy Em growing up a bit and not be pg again when she's still a baby.  We do want at least 1 more, though.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:29be87f7-043e-4cb6-9e55-9dd24ca954e8Post:8d530ea1-48c5-4d96-9f2f-4770fc0e7ffe">Re: Babies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Got married in June, got pg on our first cycle trying in September.  I'm 31, dh is 29 and we didn't want to wait, only to find out there were fertility issues. We're done for a bit...or so I say now.  I want to enjoy Em growing up a bit and not be pg again when she's still a baby.  We do want at least 1 more, though.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Send some of that baby dust my dude!

That is something to think about though. One of the ladies on my TTC board wanted to wait until she and her Dh had been married a few years, had finances straight and had traveled, etc. They decided they were ready at 35 and found out they had serious fertility issues. 5 years later and they are resigning to the fact that they will likely never have kids now. I believe she was turned down by an adoption agency because of their age.
  • I will say, when we do start TTC, the plan right now is to shoot for Irish twins. I know most people think that's insane, but at the moment, we know we want 2, and I'd really rather get the entire "pregnancy" phase of my life over with as quickly as possible.

I'm willing to admit I could change my mind about this later.

• I am all for twins too.  I also have health issues that will only let me carry one healthy pregnancy so I am going for the twin boys.
  • I'm on the fence!  I'm not sure if I want kids anymore, and FI says he will go with whatever. We might just get another min pin instead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards