Favors

S'More favor questions

We are doing S'More favors for our guests.  How far in advance can I do them before the graham cracker gets stale or the mashmellow gets hard, etc? Getting down to the last weeks and just  trying to get a good game plan going! TIA
543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n

Re: S'More favor questions

• reppunzelreppunzel member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    What will you be wrapping / storing them in?  Fabric?  Plastic?  Something sealed like a zippered baggie?

Edited cuz I just saw the picture --  probably a few weeks before?  It depends on how much air is getting in to the marshmallow.
  • im doing the same but using golden grahams, and dehydrated marshmellows (the kind in hot chocolate) and then drille it all in white and milk chocolate. I am having a destination wedding and arriving 2 days early, i plan on making it the day before we leave and just transporting it in large ziolops and bagging it there in cellophane.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smore-favor-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:2b18476a-6c1d-47f3-bb54-b83cf2197c9cPost:a0846df2-e777-4319-be32-8f2c65eca5ba">Re: S'More favor questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]What will you be wrapping / storing them in?  Fabric?  Plastic?  Something sealed like a zippered baggie? Edited cuz I just saw the picture --  probably a few weeks before?  It depends on how much air is getting in to the marshmallow.
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]
  • I hate to say it, but you may need to do it the week of the wedding. Depending on the climate etc, the grahms may go soft or the marshmallows hard. Once they are packaged, put them in an airtight container to preserve (rubbermaid  tote?).
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_smore-favor-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:2b18476a-6c1d-47f3-bb54-b83cf2197c9cPost:b2749a2f-0bf9-4844-bce0-1ddbeae68df6">Re: S'More favor questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to say it, but you may need to do it the week of the wedding. Depending on the climate etc, the grahms may go soft or the marshmallows hard. Once they are packaged, put them in an airtight container to preserve (rubbermaid  tote?).
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what  Iwas orignally thinking.  Good thing I have a few people willing to help :)</div>
    543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards