Moms and Maids

Re: Deleted Post

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You let someone else plan your b-party. 

And you accept the fact that if **some** decide to do what you're hoping, not everyone will attend.  IMO, asking people who are already paying for attire, perhaps travel to your wedding, perhaps taking vacay time for your wedding, perhaps thowing you a shower, and probably already buying you a wedding gift, to go to a resort in Mexico for a party is a lot.

I would decline.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-not-traditional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:9fd3a7c0-a161-4568-a0ed-cbb67283fdefPost:a15d2684-4de4-45e0-9c99-961afaba20f7">Bachelorette not so traditional</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so I know that the bride should NEVER plan her own bachelorette but here's the thing...my fiance is going away to spain with his two best friends for his bachelor party...so I thought if we could find a wicked deal on an all inclusive to mexico, that would be amazing! A few girls are really interested, and the time and day we go could be up to them, as well as what we do there.  But am I going to far? Am I asking too much?  My MOH is completely against the idea and also the idea of her bf going with my fiance away on his bachelor party.  <strong>She wants to stay in town and do the typical bar thing which I am not into at all. </strong> What do I do? 
    Posted by tarameghan[/QUOTE]
    The only input you provide on the bachelorette party is the desired guest list (within a number the host sets), the dates you are available, and possibly any major restrictions (like not being comfortable with strippers, or wanting something that includes underage bridesmaids as well).  That's it.  Otherwise, it's her party.  If she wants to do a local bar crawl, you smile graciously and do your best to have fun.

A bachelorette party is not a right, and it's certainly presumptuous to ask people who are already sinking a lot of money into one party for you to spend even more money on another party for you.  Be thankful if you get a bachelorette party at all.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    Good thing you quoted, aerin.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously?  Mexico?  All-inclusive?  Do we watch the news...and are you aware that we are in a miserable economy?  How selfish can you possibly get?
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-not-traditional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:9fd3a7c0-a161-4568-a0ed-cbb67283fdefPost:8966b8a4-6ad8-40a6-9357-249ecde06577">Re: Deleted Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously?  Mexico?  All-inclusive?  Do we watch the news...and are you aware that we are in a miserable economy?  How selfish can you possibly get?
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention that a very large portion of Mexico is currently an active war zone...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • ECI1151ECI1151 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It seems like your MOH would not be able to go.

I personally would prefer a close to home bachelorette party that all of my closest friends could be at then an extravagant bachelorette party that only some friends could be at. But thats just my opinion.

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OP one thing you probably don't realize is that by changing the title of your post to Deleted Post only makes people want to come in here and see what all the fuss was about. I mean, no one deletes their post unless their question or idea wasn't validated so it must be something good.

Since Aerin already quoted you, deleting was pointless.

You don't plan your B-party. Your bridal party does. Just because your FI is heading off to Spain does not mean you get to force your BMs to do the same.

If you still want to go to Mexico, plan a girl's trip, but don't call it your bachelorette. OOT B-Parties are expensive and not warranted unless everyone is on board, and it's what others have planned, not you.
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, even though you deleted, I am still going to say my part.  So here's my (unsolicited) advice.  Your FI is going to Spain with his 2 BFFs.  I bet there are other friends who are feeling left out that they can't afford to go to Spain with him.  Imagine how your MOH if you plan your own b-party (biiiiiig faux pas in its own right) knowing that she can't come.  Have a DW if you want, but back off of the b-party planning and let your BMs plan a party that is more local so that all of your friends can attend.  Wouldn't you want your MOH and other friends to be there??  Otherwise, what is the point of having a b-party in the first place?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards