Chit Chat

Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)

Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)

• So I'm told. I've actually never seen that movie...
  • I'm old-school - I love the boys names Ryan and Jason. Always have, since I was a little kid (I don't even know if I really knew anyone with those names). I have no idea what I'd name a daughter. I'm super judgey about baby names, though, so my kids will probably be 10 before I get around to picking out names for them.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:ce6fd92d-8575-414a-bf11-0391d9790382">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aidan John aka AJ. I wanted James but DH's name is John and my coteacher whom I've been teaching with is James and DH is scared people will think I named the baby after him. Aurora Brooklyn aka Rory. We refer to our furure children by these names when we talk about them.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Love Rory! Equally love that you already refer to you future children by names :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not super judgey about what others name their babies - just as long as it's not like Banana Pop Smith. Or Airwrecka instead of Erica
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love the name Christian Jonah for a boy. I also like Noah, Jonah, Joshua, Aiden and Zachary
    I love Madeleine Elle for a girl.  I also like Allison, Linsday, Juliet, and Helena

Anniversary

• One of my girl friends husbands family did a neat thing with the guys names. His grandfather was William Peter, dad was Peter Paul, he's Paul Jason, and if they have a boy he'll be Jason Paul.

I'm thinking about just hanging out in this thread all day..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • These are the names I currently love:

Girls: Delilah/Lyla, Emilie, Emma, Harper, Hannah, Zoey
    Boys: Trevor

I believe the only one  that FI agreed with was "Zoey"...so we probably have a long road ahead of us.

My friend had a bulldog named "Roxanne" (Roxy)
  • Picking a name was hard. I let H have his choice of first name. We wanted to include my dads middle name since he is the last of the line and I also loved one, so our kiddo is Liam James Matthew Lastname. We are done but if we were to have another boy I love Alexander. Girl names are really hard for me to pick but I did like Amelia for awhile. Genevieve is gorgeous also. I recently saw a friend of a friend on FB with 3 boys: Mikyn, Masyn and Maxtyn. I can't lie, there was a severe eye roll.
  • We really want to name our kids after our grandparents.  So far we have Patricia Sue after both of my grandmothers and Cody George after his grandfather.  He hasn't specified that he wants to name a girl after his grandmother (Barb), but I suspect that when the time comes he will.  I want to get Donal and Eugene (or Gene, maybe Jean for a girl) in there after my grandfathers.  We also like Caroline and Patrick.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:9d4ec26e-0437-466e-ae40-eb9eb59d537a">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : Love Rory! Equally love that you already refer to you future children by names :)
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto, this MAY be going on our potential list. Rory reminds me of Gilmore Girls. Damn I miss that show.</div>
  • I think that working in the court system or schools are the best places to see AWFUL names, btw.  Sorry to thread jack, but the "unique" spelling posts got me to thinking.

I have actually seen defendants personally in court named Ikeandtina and Shmellma Hands.  There are plenty more, but those are the first two that pop into my head.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:770c7c01-e02d-48cf-a90b-d97b41af1ffa">Re:Baby Names No I am not knocked up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Picking a name was hard. I let H have his choice of first name. We wanted to include my dads middle name since he is the last of the line and I also loved one, so our kiddo is Liam James Matthew Lastname. We are done but if we were to have another boy I love Alexander. Girl names are really hard for me to pick but I did like Amelia for awhile. Genevieve is gorgeous also. I recently saw a friend of a friend on FB with 3 boys: Mikyn, Masyn and Maxtyn. I can't lie, there was a severe eye roll.
    Posted by ZeroOrchestra[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no idea what the first one is. I feel like it's a word jumble puzzle...</div>
  • Strangely, for someone who doesn't really like kids, I have a few names picked out.

For boys I like Peter and Jacob. I know Jacob is really popular, but I have always liked that name.

For girls, I like Kate (just Kate, not Katherine or Kaitlyn) and Charlotte.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:a42c36af-3911-4fd9-a4a8-2d1ee43bffdd">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : Ditto, this MAY be going on our potential list. Rory reminds me of Gilmore Girls. Damn I miss that show.
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

Me too!!! If I have 2 girls I might just name them Lorelai and Rory and call it a day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:f63c85a4-90ff-483a-9ea5-1126e09313ea">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : Me too!!! If I have 2 girls I might just name them Lorelai and Rory and call it a day.
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

<div>So who was your favorite - Dean, Jess or Logan? If your answer isn't Jess, then you have to leave. Now.</div>
  • It always throws me off when people start using the name Harper. I grew up with that name and never heard of anyone else using it until recently. I hated having a rare name, and now I go by my more common first name.

My fiance refuses to have any Biblical names, so that cuts out a huge list of names. Right now, we're planning for a girl to be named Arya and a boy named Henry. I'm also fond of Cecily and he'd like for a female to have the middle name Athena. We'd probably use Brandon as a middle name, as that was his grandfather's name and my fiance is the last male in his family to ~carry on the family name~, so it would mean a lot to his aunt who implored my fiance AT HIS GRANDFATHER'S FUNERAL to 'have lots of boys' as she hugged him when they were lowering his grandfather into the ground.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:f273b729-5f9a-4800-9104-1e32d032e247">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It always throws me off when people start using the name Harper. I grew up with that name and never heard of anyone else using it until recently. I hated having a rare name, and now I go by my more common first name. My fiance refuses to have any Biblical names, so that cuts out a huge list of names. Right now, we're planning for a girl to be named <strong>Arya</strong> and a boy named Henry. I'm also fond of Cecily and he'd like for a female to have the middle name Athena. We'd probably use Brandon as a middle name, as that was his grandfather's name and my fiance is the last male in his family to ~carry on the family name~, so it would mean a lot to his aunt who implored my fiance <strong>AT HIS GRANDFATHER'S FUNERAL to 'have lots of boys' as she hugged him when they were lowering his grandfather into the ground.</strong>
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>GoT?</div><div>
    </div><div>and Klassy.</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:d91c0979-cc21-4f65-8575-2cc57933d651">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : WHAT?  Jess was the only one who challenged Rory.  He was the only one who supported her doing what SHE wanted to do and put her before him.  How is that NOT the best of the three? ETA:  I read that as "if your answer IS Jess".  Reading fail!
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>LMAO I was like "omg chill out I'm with you on this"</div><div>
    </div><div>Logan was such a douche. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:f8a57a0c-a9af-46fb-8a06-9172d42f1489">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : GoT? and Klassy.
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

Indeed on both accounts.

Arya also works because it's pronounced like aria (I'm a singer) and we're Buddhist, and arya is a Buddhist term.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:33c5f71f-ffa2-407f-8e24-ab00bf044703">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : Indeed on both accounts. Arya also works because it's pronounced like aria (I'm a singer) and we're Buddhist, and arya is a Buddhist term.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I love Arya, it's so pretty for so many reasons.  I didn't start liking it until GOT came out.

Anniversary

• edited March 2013
    I'm going to be a total wreck when it comes time to pick my kids' names.  I was bullied really badly in middle school, so I've always been hyper aware of picking a name that had an obvious obscenity rhyme. :/ 

Names I've always liked:

Girls: Maya, Rosalind, Penny
    Boys: Nicholas, Jace,
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Oh I'll bite. For girls I love Charlotte, Evelyn, Emily, Olivia

For boys: Alexander, Malcolm, Derrick, Joseph, Shawn

I already have one DD names Vanessa Grace and I feel like the names should be similar.  Like both classic.  Not one trendy and one classic.  Make sense? 

My front runner: Charlotte and total toss up for all the boys

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• H and I agree on everything EXCEPT names LOL My favourites these days are: Girls: Arabella, Chloe, Samantha, Leilani, Romina, Dionysia and Susanna Boys: Charles, Leonardo, Lawrence, Tristan and Eric
  • I love your taste in names, ladies! I've seen Declan tossed around and that's one of my favorites. But neither FI nor I are Irish, so I'd feel like a robber. :)

I've seen Harper on here a lot too - I'm shocked by how popular it's becoming! Harper is my middle name (and my grandma's maiden name), and I loved the idea of naming our daughter Harper until it became so popular. Plus, FI's last name begins with "Ha" as well and I'm not a fan of alliteration. He still love the idea of naming a daughter Harper, and giving her his middle name... Lee. Our middle names make the name of a famous author. It could have been fate, but if it is, I'm ignoring fate for now. And I loved Margot for a daughter, but then we named our dog Margot.

Instead, we've opted for Sylvia for a girl (my grandma's name) and Luke for a boy (his grandpa's name). Some other favorites include Elizabeth, Maxine, and Alma. I hope we only have one boy, because we cannot decide on any other boy names.

In general, FI has really boring taste in names.
  • Boys: Lucas, Alexander, Sebastian, Julian, Henry
    Girls: Juliette, Emilie, Annabel, Colette, Rosalyn
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_baby-names-no-i-am-not-knocked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:13b54df3-f063-4c05-9d51-4907afdd0610Post:d3866988-165f-41fa-b03b-1a244bcf0bb7">Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names (No I am not knocked up) : LMAO I was like "omg chill out I'm with you on this" Logan was such a douche. 
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

Jess of course! Dean was way to sensitive for my taste. Logan was a huge douche but super good looking so I will deem him 2nd place. They would have made beautiful babies.

ETD: While we're on the subject let me just say my life will be incomplete until they make a movie showing Luke and Lorelai getting married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love this post! We have decided that our first boy will be named after my FI...Justin Adam Lastname Jr. We will call him JJ for short. Other boy names are Julian (FIs bro, dad & gpa are all named Julio, so its kinda similar) and Landon. I am set on London Marie for a girl...but I dont think FI likes it very much. I also like Claire & Kendall. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only have a girl name so far: Dahlia Elizabeth, for FI's dad who grows dahlias.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love baby names!  As a teacher, I've seen some very unique names - some that make me think the parents might have been crazy. 

We had a little girl names "Amazing-Grace"... and the mom insisted that she was called "Amazing" for short.  Odd duck!

For boy names, I like:  Kolt and Matthew (FI middle name) --- possibly Kolt Matthew LastName

For girls, I like: Delaney (Lane is my dad's middle name) and Finley.  Rene (my middle name) or RaeAnne for a middle name.

• As a teacher, picking names is hard because I associate so many names with certain students.  I have had a few really oddly named students, but the strangest was probably Sir Abraham.  "Sir" really was his first name.  When I was in high school, there was a student at a nearby school named Marijuana Pepsi.  I"m guessing her parents were hippies.  

When H and I try to come up with names, we can never agree because he likes the most ridiculous names.  He once said that if we ever have a boy and a girl, we should name them Angus and Agnes.  And he was serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards