Texas-San Antonio

Cake with marshmallow cream frosting

Hello,

I am looking for someone to make my wedding cake. The cake is a 3 layer round cake with a really smoothe texture. I have talked to quite a few people about making it and all of the bakers tell me thye can make it with buttercream (since I don't like fondant), but I really am not a huge fan or buttercream or just frosting in general. The only frosting I like is the whipped cream frosting from HEB. Ive been told that you can't make it with that kind of frosting, because for one it wont hold up too well and two It won't have that really smoothe texture.

well....

The other day I tasted a cake made out of "old fashioned marshmallow frosting" and I loved it! It had the smooth texture I want and I like the way it tastes. The lady who makes them is a little pricey.

Does anyone know of anyone who can make cakes with  this type of frosting??

Re: Cake with marshmallow cream frosting

• txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly Cakes and More (cynthia Gallagher) does the marshmallow frosting.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot , Have you tried Lucy's Cake shop?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, Cakes and More does a delicious whipped icing! She does it so smooth and pretty too so it event looks almost like fondant.
  • gurlygirl2086gurlygirl2086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes and more made the cake I tasted.  I've emailed her to ask for a quote because I'm not in TX right now, but she hasn't replied. :(

I'll check lucy's. Thank you!
  • treenastaatstreenastaats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you and I have the exact same feelings on frosting. That makes me sad the whipped kind won't work :[ marshmallow it is then!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    let me know if Cakes and more doesn't get back with you-we are using her for our cake and she is really good about getting back with us by email.  I can email you the price list if you are curious.
  • gurlygirl2086gurlygirl2086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She still hasn't gotten back to me. Frown

She sent me the price list a while ago, but it doesn't say how much extra it is for the marshmallow frosting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards