October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 6/13

Are you and FI planning on having kids?  Do you have any plans on when you are going to start?  How many do you want?

For those of you that have kids already, how many do you have?  Are you planning any more?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 6/13

• edited June 2012
    Right now we don't want kids. If we decide to have them we don't want it to be for another 5 years. In that case we would want 2. We're still in our midtwenties and aren't in any rush. A lot of my friends got married in their very early twenties and are having thier first and second children so I'm enjoying spoiling them and that's good enough for me!
  • We are planning on having kids. I think we'll start trying just after our one year anniversary, although that may change based on career moves and financial stability.  I want at least two kids - more like three, and FI wants one, but I think he'll warm up to a second, especially if our first is a girl (FI really wants a son).
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • FI has two kids from his previous marriage; they are about to be three and six.  They are great kids and I love them very much.

I'm hoping that we can have another one.  FI wants another one and so do I, but I'm pretty sure it will be a hard road for us to go on.  We may end up trying to adopt.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • we want kids asap!!! lol but we are both over 30 and love kids. i want 3 fi wants 2  but we will have to see what happens after the first 1!!!
  • FI and I are both in our late 20s (He's 29, I'll be 27 in August). We want kids very soon. I think after the first of the year we'll stop trying to avoid having kids and see if nature takes its course. If that doesn't happen, when our one year comes around we'll start getting more serious about actively trying to have a baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We'd like to have two kids, but don't plan on starting TTC until summer of 2015.
    Anniversary
  • We both want kids..and we don't want to wait too terribly long. The one thing we have to wait on in my opinion is to get our house and move out of the one were in. It has brown mold in the ceiling in the bathroom and I do not want to be pregnant here. We haven't set a number but I say 2 or 3. No more than 3. Fi told his recently married cousin who he grew up with hey ya'll call me when ya'll start trying to have a baby so we can try at the same time and our kids grow up together like we did. I was kind of embarrassed but that's FI for you..he didn't think about what he was asking!
  • We are planning to have 1 child and then see from there. Two would be the absolute limit though. Our plan is to start trying in about 3-4 years but it may be sooner depending on finances.
    Anniversary
  • FI and I definitely want kids. I think we both agree on two.

I'm not sure when we'll start trying. We both have mixed feelings about it. Part of me wants to start trying around the time of our honeymoon (which is in the beginning of December) and part of me thinks we should wait about a year (I think just b/c everyone says that's what you should do but not neccesarily b/c it's what we want to do).

We'll see!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes we do he wants 2, I want 4 so we'll see how it goes! We'll prob wait until after our honeymoon (in January), and then leave it up to fate. 
    for siggy
  • We are planning on it but I want to wait a few years. We are thinking of having about 2 or 3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, we both want 2.  We will probably wait at least a year, but I want to at least be pregnant by 30, so we will be working with about 2 years!  My FI is 4 years older than me.

• We are a bit older..... I am 43 and my FI is 55.  I have 4 kids, with the youngest being 17 and my FI has a 22 yr old son.   I also have one grandson and another on the way. Right now FI's son and my youngest live with us. 

We wont be having any kids of our own at this point (doubt we could if we wanted to), but do have plans to foster or even adopt sometime in the next few years.  Not a baby, but at least a few years old.  My youngest child is going into his last year of highschool this coming fall and then will be off to college. I miss the craziness of having 4 young kids and my FI is an excellent father.  My grandbabies live too far away...
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We definitely want kids!!  FI wanted to wait at least til our 1 year anniversary but I have convinced him we can start trying June '13.  Ideally we would like to have two, 3 if we can financially do it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • We want kids.  One of our best friends just gave birth a week and a half ago, it really hit us when we got to hold her.  She's beautiful.

We want at least 2 kids and we're talking about trying to have kids very soon after the wedding.  We want to be pregnant before our year anniversary.
    282 Invited image
    201 Are ready to party! image
    81 Are staying at home image

Planning Bio! Pre-Wedding Items for Sale!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 - September Siggy: Collage!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-613?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13936694-57d1-4a5b-b5c8-4ec15f3a70a6Post:3376420f-56dd-401c-bb93-df64bd9ffab6">Re:QOTD 6/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both want kids..and we don't want to wait too terribly long. The one thing we have to wait on in my opinion is to get our house and move out of the one were in. It has brown mold in the ceiling in the bathroom and I do not want to be pregnant here. We haven't set a number but I say 2 or 3. No more than 3.<strong> Fi told his recently married cousin who he grew up with hey ya'll call me when ya'll start trying to have a baby so we can try at the same time and our kids grow up together like we did</strong>. I was kind of embarrassed but that's FI for you..he didn't think about what he was asking!
    Posted by krystlelynn212[/QUOTE]

FI's best man and his wife are expecting (due on our wedding date) and when they announced  it to us, both of them said we should start trying too so that we can have babies together :)
  • We are planning on having at least one child. FI would be content to leave it as one, but I feel that children benefit from having a sibling, so I would prefer two. No more than that, though. Not sure about the likelihood of this happening, but I'm actually praying for twins! As for when, I definitely have a timeline. FI does not, but then again, he's not the one with a biological clock, plus I'm older than he is. And I tend more toward baby fever than he does, LOL. Since I'd like to at least be pregnant by 30, I plan to stop BC around this time next year, when I turn 29. The idea is not to start trying to get pregnant, so much as stop trying to avoid getting pregnant, and not pressure ourselves. FI gets this 'deer in headlights' look when I tell him this. I think he thinks I'm going to magically get pregnant the second I stop taking BCPs, and doesn't really get that the process tends to take more time...
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • I have one daughter (from previous) and she's 9 and awesome. FI and I, and my daughter, definitely want kids and may start trying right away. We're hoping for 2, maybe 3. We can't wait!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • In Response to Re:QOTD 6/13:[QUOTE]We wont be having any kids of our own at this point doubt we could if we wanted to, but do have plans to foster or even adopt sometime in the next few years.nbsp; Not a baby, but at least a few years old.Posted by ladydaisy[/QUOTE]

Bless you for doing this. I'm a social worker who used to work in the foster care system, and I can tell you that good foster parents are in short supply. There are even fewer who are willing to potentially adopt older children; everyone wants babies. We could definitely use more people with your mindset!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • I have a 12 year old... and he is a great kid. Well FI considers him his son too lol it is great.

FI wants a BIG family... he comes from a big family but HE is a single child... we are going to start trying right away, hoping for a baby SUmmer 2013... we aren't going to try NOT to get pregnant... he says he wants a lot I said 1 at a time... once you ahve your first you might change your mind LOL...
    and well by next summer my son will be 13 and old enough to babysit/change diapers/feed and help out with almost all baby tasks HEHEHE

• We can't wait to start having kids!!  Ideally, once everything settles down from the wedding we'll let nature take its course ;).  I have a few health issues that may make it difficult, so we figure the sooner we start, the better, because it could potentially take some time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • I think we will start trying come January or so. We both are very eager to have children, probably 2-3. We'll also be together 8 years come the wedding so we feel we have had plenty of "just the two of us" time and are ready to really start a family.
  • Yes! FI keeps joking that we'll start trying the day after the wedding that he wants to try for 6 kids not happening haha!. Realistically we'll prob start trying after our 1st anniversary since we'll both just be turning 25 by our anniv. And have plennnnty of time :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We want kids. We won't be trying for another 4 years or so since I am still in school. And also we pretty much have no extra money. FI wants 3, I want 2. 
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We probably don't want kids.  We've decided we'll discuss it in a couple years and see if we've changed our minds (we'll both be 30 this year).
  • YESS!! We want them!...my FI actually brought that up before I did. He said we should have kids before I turn 30. haha...i'm 27. We want 2-3. We want to move to a different house first, one that we hope to keep for over 20 years...we're already looking for houses now and hope to be in our dream home by summer of next year...so we'll try for babies after that.
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• We both really want kids, like yesterday LOL! But we plan to TTC about 3 months after the wedding. I'd like 3, but FI wants 2 unless we have 2 girls or boys. In that case, we'll likely try again.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We have been together 7 years already and we actually have no kids yet, after the wedding we are going to start trying..Im hoping to be pregos in 2013
    So far were only thinking one. But we will see how that goes..Were both in our 30's already.
  • We both want kids, I want to wait a few years, FI wants them now haha. He keeps joking that he's gonna get me pregnant the second we're married. We want 3 kids, and just bought a 4 bedroom house so that we'll have enough room to grow into it as I pop out babies! 
  • We both want kids!
    We will be together for 7 years when we tie the knot so im trying to convince him to have a honeymoon baby, lol
    But seriously, i will be 30 exactly one month after we get married...im not sure about many but i told him i didnt want to wait a year, so def within the few months after=)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards