Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?

I ordered my wedding invitations from Pakistan so that I could get a traditional design. They turned out beautiful....except the reply card envelopes. We had them print my parent's address as the "To" address on all the reply envelopes. However, they printed it on the bottom left corner.

I have to ask the post office if it will even work through their scanners. Even if it would work, does it look too weird to even use?

I could probably get replacement ones for free since it's a mistake but the thought of wasting all that paper bothers me...

Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?

• Options
    I print envelopes, if you're interested in having them re-done you could send me a private message - if it doesn't bother you too much though, I'd probably leave it the way it was and just send them out - people will be so focused on how neat your traditional Pakistani design is, they probably won't notice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-send-backenvelope-mistake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:cc4ecbdf-4846-4cc6-9fd2-89b196fb47a6Post:f29444e7-dcff-44ad-9464-5ea72a4ae76b">Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I print envelopes, if you're interested in having them re-done you could send me a private message - if it doesn't bother you too much though, I'd probably leave it the way it was and just send them out - people will be so focused on how neat your traditional Pakistani design is, they probably won't notice.
    Posted by ConcertinaPress[/QUOTE]

You cannot advertise your business on the message boards.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-send-backenvelope-mistake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:cc4ecbdf-4846-4cc6-9fd2-89b196fb47a6Post:6616bbeb-6c41-4afb-8c8f-ae0717f20c48">Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake? : You cannot advertise your business on the message boards.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

Seriously. how have you been around long enough to get 26 posts w/o being reported
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-send-backenvelope-mistake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:cc4ecbdf-4846-4cc6-9fd2-89b196fb47a6Post:6616bbeb-6c41-4afb-8c8f-ae0717f20c48">Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake? : You cannot advertise your business on the message boards.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

Seriously. how have you been around long enough to get 26 posts w/o being reported
  • Options
    Any non-advertising thoughts? :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-send-backenvelope-mistake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:cc4ecbdf-4846-4cc6-9fd2-89b196fb47a6Post:205a653e-c68d-4305-9003-a91dc4a15c05">Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do I need to send these back/envelope mistake? : Seriously. how have you been around long enough to get 26 posts w/o being reported
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

<div>I have reported her multiple times.  I have also advised her to post like a "normal poster" and get a new SN that's not her business name, and take her business info otu of her siggy.  I have no clue how she was around for so long.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    OP--
    Take the envelope to the post office as soon as you can to find out if they can even send the cards like that.  If they can, then don't worry about it.  If they can't, then contact the company and tell them that USPS can't send them with the address placed there and see if they can send replacements.  I know you don't like to waste paper, but if the USPS can't send them, then sadly they are are already wasted, KWIM?  Unless you are crafty and can find someway to cut the address off and paste it on to labels or something for your parents to use in the future.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I guess I'm wondering if it looks too strange to send out (even if the post office would accept them)...

thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards