African American Weddings

Cake flavors....

What are you getting/ what do you like?

Re: Cake flavors....

• edited December 2011
    I haven't totally decided yet. But I know I want the bottom layer to be strawberry and I want buttercream icing. I'll figure out the other 2 layers after I go to some tastings.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure what all we'll have, but I definitely want one tier to be almond pound cake and another to have some rich chocalatey filling. FI won't even want his tier to touch the chocolate one...lol.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • reddswifeyreddswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oohh...well i'm usually miss plane jane and get white cake with buttercream icing but when we went for our cake tasting i got french vanilla with cream cheese filling, and buttercream icing. its really good and not too rich to where it hurts lol.

he is getting chocolate buttercream....mmm girl that was delish too and i dont even like chocolate icing....
  • edited December 2011
    Were having my FAVORITE cake in the world, white cake with fresh starberries and whipped cream in the middle and whipped cream frosting. Yummmmy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • edited December 2011
    FI isnt a fan of american cakes so finding something he likes is no easy task.

but for now im set on getting a white chocolate mousse tier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I love cake. And, I consider myself a cake connoisseur. The first bakery we were considering had one flavor of wedding cake and it was lemon pound with buttercream frosting. We took samples with us and the cake itself was dry, which made the frosting taste overly sweet.

So I went to a different bakery for a cake tasting and the flavors offered were amazing! There was raspberry swirl with raspberry buttercream frosting, chocolate chip with buttercream frosting, butter pound with buttercream frosting, lemon pound with lemon frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting, and sour cream pound with sour cream buttercream frosting. They all tasted great! I think I'm going with the butter pound for the majority of the cake but raspberry swirl for the smaller tier. I can't wait.
  • edited December 2011
    not sure yet, but i love what you ladies are having
  • edited December 2011
    WE are doing cream cheese frosting, red velvet layer, lemon layer, and golden.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having 3 different flavors. 1) Kahlua, 2) Red Velvet, 3) Lemon Chiffon.

I'm a fan of cakes that don't have a fruit filling (unless it's lemon) or too much frosting. 
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing red velvet, lemon, pineapple and chocolate. I can't wait!
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was something my FI wanted to pick out, so I let him (lol) he chose Red Velvet. It will be a 3 layer square design. We still have yet to find the style/color we want and visit bakeries! I love Red Velvet so his choice was FABULOUS:)

• lakishaplakishap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding cake will be 4 tiers (bottom & top tier) french vanilla cake w/buttercream filling...2nd tier yellow cake with fresh strawberry fillings & 3rd tier lemon cake w/raspberry filling. 

Groom's cake will be a 3d Detroit Pistons cake...Red Velvet w/cream cheese icing
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_cake-flavors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cc74526f-d8f2-4c7f-81e1-c3b92c082b4ePost:3889590e-e307-4cb3-8963-120317073452">Re: Cake flavors....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having 3 different flavors. 1) Kahlua, 2) Red Velvet, 3) Lemon Chiffon. I'm a fan of cakes that don't have a fruit filling (unless it's lemon) or too much frosting. 
    Posted by adgenya[/QUOTE]

Those are interesting flavors. I've never heard of a Kahlua flavor for a cake. I'm sure it'll taste good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards