New York

Syracuse Ceremony

We just booked a venue in downtown Syracuse for our reception next April.  When we booked it though, we didn't realize it falls during lent.  Apparently churches, even ones that aren't catholic, won't do weddings during lent.  Who knew?  I don't want to do an outdoor ceremony because the weather in April can be so unpredictable.  Any ideas around downtown Syracuse?

Re: Syracuse Ceremony

• edited December 2011
    I second the zoo... totally unique and very cool!  Much classier than I would have imagined, but it really is something special!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • colette24colette24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I called the cathedral and my fiancee is related thru marraige to the priest there and he said they can't.  We also called a bunch of non-catholic churches and they all said no.  I really like our venue, the Genesee Grande and would like to keep that.  I just would rahter get married in another location. 
  • edited December 2011
    I suggest getting a judge to marry you. My uncle is a city court judge and preforms lots of weddings. He's does a really nice job and can make it as elaborate or simple as you want it to be.

Maybe you could have a tentative outdoor location (Franklin Square, Clinton Square) and if the weather doesn't cooperate do it at the Genesee Grand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We picked the Genesee Grande too! I can't wait to see your picture : )

Are you interested in doing the ceremony there? It is always an option. Did you call Dewitt Community Church? That is our church and they are SUPER laid back about everything and REALLY flexible. They might be able to do something... Did you checkt he church across the street too? They were really flexible? How about Hendricks Chapel?
    Photobucket
  • rraven2718rraven2718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Landmark Theater downtown in October. It's a beautiful venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards