New York-Hudson Valley

Groomsmen gifts

I am debating on what to get my grooms men. I have a custom idea but I do not want to give it away. A bit costly though. I checked this site and nothing clicks in my mind to say thats the gift. I hear people say each groomsmen should get the same, or they should be able to use/wear it on the wedding day? nNy thoughts ideas?

Re: Groomsmen gifts

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our groomsman all got these cooler chairs from the knot shop...they all loved them.  Then, I am not sure what my husband gave his two brothers but he gave them something else specific to them and the other two got sports memorabilia...one is into racing (he got his fave racer) and one is into hockey (he got a collage type thing for his fave team ... i am blanking on what it is called).

I say that it is your wedding and you do what you want.  I am older and glasses, etc. is just crap to us (no offense)....we did want to do watches but oddly, none of them wear one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_groomsmen-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:3e75fcde-4320-4481-a13f-c31c6f94d3cdPost:2512619b-e292-4fea-94d0-43292da0b72f">Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am debating on what to get my grooms men. I have a custom idea but I do not want to give it away. A bit costly though. I checked this site and nothing clicks in my mind to say thats the gift.<strong> I hear people say each groomsmen should get the same, or they should be able to use/wear it on the wedding day?</strong> nNy thoughts ideas?
    Posted by michaelm0377[/QUOTE]
    Actually, both of these are wrong. They do not have to be the same - shop for them as if you were buying a birthday gift. I would stay in the same price range, but the same gift isn't necessarily right for everyone.
    And if it's for the wedding day it isn't a gift; it's an accessory for your wedding. Some of our guys got watches, so while technically they could wear them on our wedding day, that certainly isn't what was intended.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I agree it should pertain to the individual specifically like a b-day gift. Thanks that helps me out more.
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also went with the cooler chairs and got them personalized, seems to be a huge hit for the guys when they tailgate, go to the beach, etc. FI loved because he had never seen this before and felt it was useful gift and not junk. We also went with the traditionally (probably over used) monogrammed flasks.
  • edited December 2011

We thought about getting them personalized bar signs. The company has both bar and sports signs.

http://www.pubsignshop.com/

And yes, the gifts should be individualized. Like if you did alcohol. get each of them what they drink. Sports tickets - to the team each of them likes. And if someone is more football then baseball, or whatever. They should get a gift they would enjoy. The birthday tip is helpful to kep in mind.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards