Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bittersweet Symphony for bridal procession?

It's one of my all time favorite songs and I want it to be used somewhere.

I thought about doing bittersweet symphony for the bridal party processional at first but my sister (a musician) said it's too dramatic, their song should be more subtle, and she now thinks that I should walk down the aisle to it.  What would you think?  I guess it's the name of the song that bothers me - for my big entrance. 

Do you think that's a good song to walk down the aisle to?

Re: Bittersweet Symphony for bridal procession?

• edited December 2011
    Ha, I hadn't thought about the name being associated with the processional. I don't think anyone would think you were making some sort of statement with it though. I mean, if you didn't want to go through with it, you wouldn't walk down the aisle.

I think it would be an upbeat fun song to walk down to. If you want to, go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to use it for my processional as well, but when my FI heard it he thought it would match better for our recessional so now that's how we're using it.  If you love it, I wouldn't worry about the title and use it however you'd like.
  • edited December 2011
    I could see it as a recessional but for walking down the aisle its a little much
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're using it as a recessional. I agree that it's too dramatic for the bridal party processional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rachaelmaryrachaelmary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just attended a wedding last weekend where they used this song for bridal party and the bride walking down the aisle.  they had a live band playing it and it was such a good song for it!!  The bride came out at the most dramatic part in the music and it was just perfect.  not too dramatic but enough to notice that it was a special moment.  i say use it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE that song!!!!!
    I actually suggested to FI we use it for our REcessional after the ceremony, but he is not a fan of it. (Said it reminded him too much of the movie 'Cruel Intentions'! LOL)
    It personally is not what I would think is an ideal PROcessional song.... but it is your wedding and I am a big advocate of 'use whatever makes you guys happy'!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    We are using it as our recessional music....I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards