Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation Suites (template)

Hello!
I am looking around the web for invitation templates for purchase or free.  I have roamed all over Etsy and em papers.  I definitely want one that includes everything (the invite, RSVP, inserts and thank yous).  For those that have or plan to DIY do you have any resources to share?

TIA!
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Invitation Suites (template)

• Options
    Have you considered the DIY kits from Michael's or Jo-Ann's?  I know Staples and Office Depot carry some also.
  • Options
    wedingchicks.com has some adorable templates for free!
  • Options
    I have considered the boxed invitation sets and will likely do them and try to spruce them up a bit.  Not sure how but I know the options are endless.  

Weddingchicks is a favorite resource of mine - no idea how I passed up the templates when looking over the site in the past.  

Thanks!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    I got mine on Etsy.  The lady did a digital file for me, and had everyhting sized out for the specific sizes I needed.  I believe it was around $50.00 for the digital files for invitation, RSVP, reception card, and guest information cards.  I then took the files to KINKOS and they printed out everything for me.  It was super easy because she had already set the files for the sizes I needed!
  • Options
    I had lots of problems finding the full invitation suite for free online as well, especially one that I liked. I ended up finding an article for flourishes on projectwedding.com, then creating my own. On the same site, I found a tutorial on how to make a pocketfold invitation from 8.5 by 10.5 paper, with all the measurements. I copied the flourish I wanted (by right clicking on the image) into my openofficedraw, then added text boxes, using free downloaded fonts (sorry can't remember the font site, but "respective slanted" is an awesome fancy script to use). You can manipulate the images to fit the size that you need for the different parts of your invites, or flip the image to where you want it on the page. I arranged mine so that I only used the equivalent of 1.5 pieces of my main color card stock, and 1 piece in an accent color for the pocketfold per invitation. With cardstock on sale at Michael's ($2 for 50 sheet multicolor pack), I only spent $40 on cardstock for 50 invitations. The only issue I had is that I was unable to change the color of the flourish, no matter how I tried. Thankfully, the was another one I liked in my actual wedding color, so I was able to use it instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards