Wedding Reception Forum

Photobooths?

Hey ladies, just got a pretty good quote for a photobooth for my December reception.  Though it's a pretty good price, it's still money I could save for something else.  But I hear photobooths are so much fun!  Are they really?  Am I getting sucked into the hype?  Thoughts?

Thank you so much Knottie Hotties!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photobooths?

• I didn't have one, but they seem fun. I say go for it :)

• We had a DIY fauxtobooth--just a backdrop, a bunch of silly props, and a friend with a digital camera.  However, our guests really got into it, and we got some great pictures.
  • I still don't know how I feel about photobooths. I think they could be fun, but I just don't get why they are at weddings. Aren't weddings enough fun already?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_photobooths?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:6298582e-8549-490c-a39d-c1268633d90fPost:f55a103e-e5a7-4620-85fc-4e51b5c6a320">Re: Photobooths?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still don't know how I feel about photobooths. I think they could be fun, but I just don't get why they are at weddings. Aren't weddings enough fun already?
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely see your point! They are kind of bar mitzvah/sweet 16 party-like, but I guess they add a little something "extra" and "more fun"... </div>

• I went to a wedding with one and it was fun.  Something to do during a song you aren't crazy about or when you need a little break from the dance floor. 

We got one for our wedding and we get the digitals... so I am excited about that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had one and our guests really enjoyed it. We got a ton of great photos.

A cousin and his FI said they booked one for their own wedding after seeing how successful ours was (and we booked ours because another cousin had it at hers and we enjoyed it).
  • We are not having one because FI doesn't want it to be like a carnival. haha We also don't have a lot of extra room in our ballroom. I was just at a wedding this last wknd with one and the Bride and Groom wanted it so badly they dipped into their retirement accts. to get it. (being 24 they can do that) They loved getting the book and seeing what people wrote.

This book was pretty plain but I think different companys offer really great books.
  • They're lots of fun but pretty expensive.  We ended up spending the money somewhere else and had your photographers set up a station with a backdrop to do a make-shift photobooth.  You don't get the instant pictures but it was way cheaper.  I've also seen people set it up with a digital camera and photo printer.  You could buy a new camera and printer for less than the rental of a photobooth... and you have a new camera and printer when you're done :)

www.AtHomeAlterations.com

• We had one and it was so much fun.  I have a picture of my grandma and all the grandgirls sticking their tongues out.  I would have never had a picture of my grandma sticking her tongue out without it - which is a hilarious picture by the way!
  • We are having one & I am really excited about it :) I have never seen one at a wedding but they sound like a lot of fun.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Our photographer offers a faux-photo booth as an addition to the weddnig package and we are doign that. They will set up a back drop to match our wedding and and have props and take pictures. We will not only get all the photos on the CD with the other wedding pics but we get a printed out book kind of  a "guest book" of sorts....and it is not a major added expense over our original pacakge. You might talk to your photographer
    imagepregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards