Wedding Etiquette Forum

am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?

• Is the top see-through?!!?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I don't "get" how a see-through dress is supposed to be the epitome of couture class.

And that one in particular?  Yeah, NOT a fan.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:b757d317-4a34-4238-a8db-4085faac11c8">Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the top see-through?!!?
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

sort-of...  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • This is one of those Pnina Tornai fugs, isn't it?  That's like, $10g's?
  • Good Lord, that's hideous.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Nope, you are in good company on this opinion.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:c3f55403-6f84-41b1-9209-50a08612ebb3">Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is one of those Pnina Tornai fugs, isn't it?  That's like, $10g's?
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Not sure. She claims it was custom made, but it could have been inspired by another designer.  

• I should not be able to see someone's belly-button in their wedding dress. Just...No.
  • It looks like a Pnina Dress.

I can't imagine wearing anything that's remotely see through...and yet many are totally cool with stuff like this:

• I do not get it either.   But each to his own I guess.

• If I saw someone wearing this, I would assume it was an accident and be embarrassed for them.
  • Oh snap, Lynda! Now I see where you got the picture from! hahaha.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:b7090522-fd53-4a41-9f6e-e141b2b3dfcd">Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh snap, Lynda! Now I see where you got the picture from! hahaha.

hehe...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:b7090522-fd53-4a41-9f6e-e141b2b3dfcd">Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh snap, Lynda! Now I see where you got the picture from! hahaha.

?????
  • If it's custom, it's badly done because even on Pnina's you cant see that much skin, and definitely no belly button
  • Stop talking about my wedding dress!!!!1!!!11111!
  • Nope, you are not the only one who thinks that's awful.  It's gotta be a knock off, cause Pnina's at least have better looking skirts.
  • Yes you are.  That is the beautifulest, klassiest dress EVER!  Maybe I need to become a two-dress bride....
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • I think it looks like the inside of the dress before it's finished.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:ec4f78ad-54bc-4b65-a9e8-d82861a17d38">am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I think no one should see your belly button in a formal, or even semi formal setting.
    It does look like a Pnina that I see on SYTTD all the time. Basically you could put this together at salvation army with a corset and the skirt from any dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • why on earth would you think you're the only one?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-only-one-thinks-this-ugly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7060750-5e73-4515-b11a-b9a9b036a17bPost:0dedb86e-53be-45b4-bf68-b3434766aba8">Re: am I the only one who thinks this is ugly?</a>:
    [QUOTE]why on earth would you think you're the only one?
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Well I am over 40 and thought maybe I was too old to keep up with the lastest trends?  I don't know.

• I saw that post too, the ceremony dress she posted is beautiful.  This reception dress is definitely too much.     If wore this, they would see all my  industrial strength "suck it in" undergarments - that would be more scary than my belly button.
  • All right - where is it from?  I thought it was her underthings. 
  • Personally, I don't think you should be able to see through the top of your wedding dress. You are supposed to look beautiful, classy, and sophisticated on your wedding day and see-through is not classy and sophisticated. It's what you wear to go clubbing when you're 21.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can practically see her boobs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure how it happened Blueyed but I think you were supposed to post that on SnarkyBrides.  Your post doesn't seem to have much to do with the thread at all.
  • Ok, so blueeyed's post belongs on snarky brides, not here. Weird random post..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards