Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Songs about Ballerinas?

I've already posted about how I'm having a hard time finding something for me and my dad to dance to.  I'm still leaning toward The Way You Look Tonight but I am now thinking i could do a song about a ballerina because that would mean something as well.  The only thing is, I don't know any that would fit a father/daughter dance.  All of the one's I can think of sound more like they involve a sexual relationship and we obviously don't want that.  Any suggestions would help.  TIA!
Photobucket

Re: Songs about Ballerinas?

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking "Tiny Dancer' by Elton John, but probably too romantic/sexual.

My father and I are dancing to "Unforgettable" by Nat & Natalie Cole.
  • edited December 2011
    How about "I hope you dance" ... It's definitely more of a parent/child song, and talks about dancing.. I know it's a stretch, but, it could work.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a really sweet song music!  I am going to put that on my list. 
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooods, I mentioned that to my mom and she said she never heard it. ha, I think she just doesn't like it b/c she must have heard it.  The only thing keeping me from it is that it's a woman singing.  The lyrics fit though.

Why do I have a feeling we're going to be dancing to My Girl?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    What about Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman?  It's a song about a father dancing with his daughter, so it fits perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3N3eMv0Dbc
  • edited December 2011
    Ballerinas Girl- Lionel Richie.  Bam!  
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How could anybody forget Ballerina Girl by Lionel Richie? It was a big hit.

Or try The Dance by Garth Brooks

• edited December 2011
    Im going with MusicHeals and actually loving Tiny Dancer.  I actually don't think it's too romantic/sexual....at least no worse than some of the songs meant as a father-daughter dance ("I Loved Her First" comes to mind, sorry anyone that used it, but that song creeps me out.) I am also biased because Ben Folds does a gorgeous cover of it.  And well, we all know about Ben as the great love of my life. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4WeCGrILc
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm anti Ballerina Girl b/c it's been used by every single one of my married dance friends and I'm over it.  Sorry.  I do think that Tiny Dancer sounds sexual, "But oh how it feels so real lying here with no one near only you and you can hear me when I say softly slowly..."
    Maybe this wasn't a good idea on my part but thought I'd give it a try.  I do like the lyrics to Cinderella though.  Thanks!
    Photobucket
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_songs-ballerinas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:78ba24cd-8c86-49dd-8a20-2997feabb3a4Post:ce18696e-e1d7-4a0c-acc4-c2c5bdbf15df">Re: Songs about Ballerinas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm anti Ballerina Girl b/c it's been used by every single one of my married dance friends and I'm over it.  Sorry.  I do think that Tiny Dancer sounds sexual, "But oh how it feels so real lying here with no one near only you and you can hear me when I say softly slowly..." Maybe this wasn't a good idea on my part but thought I'd give it a try.  I do like the lyrics to Cinderella though.  Thanks!
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not only is it sexual, but it's about gay love.</div><div>
    </div><div>"Hold me closer, Tony Danza."</div><div>
    </div><div>Ewwww. Tony Danza is not even that good looking, but for Elton to write a song about him just weirds me out.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    angel WTF are you talking about? I truly don't think he was writing a song about him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards