New Hampshire

Newly engaged, looking into NH wedding venues

Hi everyone,
I've been researching wedding venues and was curious if anyone had their wedding or had been to a wedding at my top picks. From what I've seen online I really like the Granite Rose, the Portsmouth Country Club and Flag Hill Winery. Also interested in Stonehurst Manor. I'm not really into the idea of a rustic wedding, which there seems to be a lot of in NH, lol. If anyone has any input on the venues I listed or has suggestions on other venues I would love to hear them!!

Re: Newly engaged, looking into NH wedding venues

• edited September 2012

Hi just had my wedding reception Sept. 15 at the executive court in Manchester N.H. I can't say enough good things about my experience there. EVERYONE was FABULOUS!!  The grounds are well manicured the food was EXCELENT and the wedding co ordinaters were FANTASTIC! and the price was reasonable. Our guest are still telling us what a great time they had. Good Luck in your planning process!!

• I was married August 13, 2011 at the Granite Rose in the Embassy Garden and it was WONDERFUL! They are so helpful and accomodating! They really take the stress out of everything.  DH and I could not have been happier with our choice to be married there.
    Anniversary
  • edited September 2012
    Our reception is at Nashua Country Club. They've been great so far!
  • I've been to Flag Hill Winery and it is really pretty. I'm using Alipne Grove in Hollis, NH. It has the rustic feel we were going for without a huge price tag!
    Anniversary
  • Great, thanks everyone for your input!!
  • My FBIL's wedding was at Stonehurst Manor. it was really nice. Beautiful mountain views, an on site coordinator organises the venders for you. my only critiques would be that the interoir of the manor is a bit dated in terms of decoration. It is nice though that guests can stay on site. You can have the rehersal dinner and reception on site (in different rooms). The food was very tasty. Guests staying the night get an excellent hot breakfast made to order. Very good food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Flag Hill Winery is a great venue...really unique and beautiful.
  • We will be getting married at Stonehurst Manor in May. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Look at Zorvino's- the facility is beautiful and their team is so great to work with!
  • Flag Hill is gorgeous. I'm having mine at the Oaks Grandview Ballroom in Somersworth. They just painted, got new white chivari chairs, and are getting a new wood floor in January. Leslie is the coordinater/planner, and I've heard only amazing things about her! She obviously loves what she does and she takes care of everything, which was important for us.

During your tours, ask about the minimum you have to spend, ask about plate prices (remember that tax and gratuity is on top of both those prices, and is over 20% in NH), what that includes, and set your guest list. We'd decided on having 95 people- once we counted all the family memebers, we couldn't have as many friends as we'd hoped. It's money verses having everyone you love around you on your wedding day, and it's important to find a comfortable balance!

Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards