Not Engaged Yet

Veil Mock Ups, opinions

Okay, so take these pics with a grain of salt. They are just mock ups and not the final version. But I'm trying to figure out which netting/style to do.

Netting/Directly from Back

Sheer/Totally over the face (*I think this would annoy me the most)

From the side/top of the head

I will probably end up buying a fascinator from Etsy. What kind and how big will probably depend on the veil.

Thoughts??

Note: this is meant to be more of a hair piece than an actual veil. If I don't do a short small veil, I won't do anything.

Re: Veil Mock Ups, opinions

• edited December 2011
    I like the first one! =)
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one! The third one would be my favorite if laid a little flatter.

• edited December 2011
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the first one is great, the second is a little beekeeper for me. I have mixed thoughts about the third, it could be the best, but your veil is slightly... poofy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha yes the 3rd one is too poufy right now. I think the 1st and the 3rd are the best options thus far. The 3rd needs some work still.

Maybe i will just give in and buy one. ; )
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do like the first one the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  Either the 1st or the 3rd one with some tweaking.

Great 1st try mock-ups! 
  • edited December 2011
    I like the first one.
    imageAnniversary
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You are a beautiful woman. Aside from that, I have nothing to add. I think veils are stupid. But at least you'll look pretty in one!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would like number 1 much more if it came down over your eyes just another inch or two....and I'd like number 3 more if it poofed away from your head a little less. But I think both are great first tries! More pics as you go, please! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I like #1, but the length is awkward. I feel like I want to pull it down. Maybe it should go over your eyes a bit.... or even over one eye, that might be cute.

Or it might be annoying. I dunno.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great first try! I think the problem with all of them is that they are too poofy, which is probably an easy fix. I like the third one because I like it coming from the side.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I thought I'd like it coming from the side better but I like #1
    imageimageimageimage
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow. No more KUI for me... Sorry about the "veils are stupid" comment! Still not a fan but could have kept that to myself... Sorry... :(

In any case you'll look fabulous in any of them! #1 seems very classic.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Paint!  That'll teach you to KUI!! 

Kat - I think I like the 1st one the best and I think I'm agreeing with PPs that it should maybe be a tiny bit longer..  But good job!! You have way more craftiness and patience than I do for sure!
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer #3. I like how it is asymetrical on your face and know that this is just a mock up so as you practice they will be less poofy. I'm contemplating trying to make my own elbow or finger-tip length veil, you are giving me some inspiration to try
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

#1 and #3...they both look nice, a little puffy but great first try!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for input!!! (hahaha no worries paint!)

i agree with all of you. i think the first one is awkwardly short, but i don't like it when it's longer bc it annoys me... hmmm. Maybe I will look into the russian netting so it won't annoy me as much.

i want to try a combination of 1 and 3. Maybe 3 less poufy and a bit longer/more head coverage.

The quest continues!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm of no help here, I just don't get that style of veil.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_veil-mock-ups-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a01c88d4-776b-4d03-9e43-4232c62242b9Post:cfdb500a-ad5b-4e4c-be07-8a8071e864bc">Re: Veil Mock Ups, opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm of no help here, I just don't get that style of veil.
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

I don't either Button.  For me the whole point of a veil is to cover your face to allow for that dramatic moment when the groom lifts it, and then ditch it for the reception as the "mystery" is gone and really, it's just annoying.  I dunno.

For the three Kat made though, I prefer the first one, but like others would like it best a little longer.  The second one is weird to me.  If you're going to go *that* long you may as well do a traditional veil with a blusher.  The third...my gut is that if you want it to just be a hairpiece, then just have a really pretty hairpiece and forget the "veil" altogether.  If you want to use the tulle with a nice fascinator or something, I'd just make it a lot smaller and use it as a "base" for the fascinator, but not have it large enough to reach your face.  JMO.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm trying to find the happy balance between hair piece and hint of veil. Maybe I should forget the whole face bit. I don't love veils and my mom hates them. I know FI loved Reese WItherspoon's veil in Sweet Home Alabama, but I don't know if I can deal with something over my face.... trying to find a happy medium. Hmmm

maybe something like this?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42922600&ref=sr_gallery_15&&ga_search_query=fascinator+with+birdcage+veil&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42208763&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=fascinator+with+birdcage+veil&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=43805608&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=fascinator+with+birdcage+veil&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=5&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
  • edited December 2011
    Ohh I really like that first one you just posted kat!  And I sorta like the 3rd one too - I think if you decide you just want to go with more of a hair piece type then the 3rd one is the best..

Oh, and yes, I looooved Reese's in Sweet Home Alabama!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely like the Russian netting better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards